[Chapter 11] The Need to Know

3rd Person POV:

"What? What do you need my personal information for? Something dirty, I bet."

"There's nothing dirty about it! It's for a compatibility reading!"

"Umm, why am I stuck between you two?" Kou questioned, visibly puzzled as the cream-headed girl and the choppy-haired, brunette boy squeezed either side of his shoulders.

"Because Yashiro's being pushy."

"Hanako-kun's just being stingy! I only want to know your real name, blood type, family structure, and date of death!" Yashiro shoved a book in their faces, showing the compatibility test page.

"Why do you need my date of death for a compatibility reading?" Hanako asked weirdly.

"Calm down." The blonde intervened.

"Anyway, you should do a compatibility reading on someone you like. Like Minamoto-senpai." Hanako huffed, looking off into the distance.

"Minamoto-senpai?" Kou raised an eyebrow at Hanako as Yashiro went pale.

"I-I don't so much like Minamoto-senpai as I idolise him! He's like an actor or a popstar. He's out of reach, but I'm happy just looking at him. I mean he's student council president and handsome and kind and smart. Oh, Minamoto-senpai. What a wonderful gentleman." The girl dreamily sighed as she continued to daydream about him.

"Thank you very much." Another voice responded to Yashiro from behind, smiling at her whilst she turned around to look. Yashiro froze once she noticed who it was. "Umm... Did I startle you?" Minamoto Teru asked her kindly.

"Mi... M-M-Minamoto-senpai?!" Yashiro stuttered nervously in shock, unable to believe her eyes.

"Nii-chan!" Kou ran up to his older brother with a smile.

"Nii-chan?!" Yashiro repeated in shock, gaping at Kou.

"I've been looking for you, Kou." The elder lightly smacked his brother's forehead with his clipboard as the younger just chuckled sheepishly.

"W-What's going..."

"Are you Yashiro-san?" Teru turned to the girl once more with a smile. "I don't believe we've met."

"Huh? I thought you said he picked up your pencil case." Hanako interrupted.

"Nice to meet you!" Yashiro exclaimed quickly, trying to shake off Hanako's comment.

"I'm Minamoto Teru. Thank you for looking after my little brother." He thanked her politely, a dashing smile graced on his face.

Yashiro, who was completely awe-struck, replied, "Y-You're welcome..."

"Now..." The older Minamoto's eyes trailed to where Hanako stood, a deathly glare on his face. "...for you."

"Teru!" A [Hair Colour]-headed girl came into view as she ran up to him, interrupting the taller blonde as she tightly clutched a stack of papers close to her body. "I've finished all the work that you wanted me to complete by the end of today. I would've brought them yesterday evening but I had something to do." She stated, passing him the papers.

Teru looked over to her before placing a hand on the top of her head and ruffling her hair. "Thanks, [Your Name]-san."

"H-Hey, stop! You're gonna mess up my hair!" [Your Name] whined, grumbling as Teru let out a chuckle. "Oh, Nene-chan, Kou-kun, I didn't know you'd be up here." She waved to both of them as they mimicked the action back.

"Good morning, [Your Name]-senpai!" Kou greeted cheerfully, [Your Name] responding with a giggle as she patted Kou on the head lightly.

Hanako looked away from them, specifically [Your Name], not wanting to say anything at the moment. He felt slightly hesitant as soon as [Your Name] came around, considering the events that happened last time. He hated seeing her cry like that, especially if he was the cause of it. It broke his heart into two and he couldn't bear the thought of seeing [Your Name] so upset.