1 - A Surprising Miracle

Creator Notes:

Before you start reading, I would like to say that the cover art for this book isn't mine. It belongs to applecakewey on Tumblr (I'm pretty sure that's the creator). If the creator wants me to not use their art, I will change the book cover to my own art. Correct me if I got the original creator wrong! Anyways, let's get onto the warnings. The chapter art are/will be made by me though!

WARNING! THIS CANUKR BOOK MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING THINGS.

Gore, Sensitive Topics, Suicidal Thoughts, Depression and Abuse! If you aren't comfortable with any of these topics, I'd recommend to try and find another CanUkr story! Thank you. Now, onto the actual story!  

**Ukraine's POV**

I could hear my alarm ringing. I groaned and sleepily sat up, rubbing my eyes and shutting off the alarm. "Ughh... I really need to stop going to bed late and waking up early...." I whispered to myself. I could hear a distant knocking and then I heard a familiar voice that sounded like Russia. "Ukraine. Hurry up and get up." 

"Okay, okay. I'm coming Russia. Just give me a second." I replied, slowly getting up from my bed. I rushed into my closet and grabbed my usual grey hoodie and my 3rd favorite flower crown. The  flower crown was made of  Felicia Blue Daisies and Purple Pansy flowers. I know it's not a very fashionable mix of flowers but this flower crown meant a lot to me. I put some black pants on, sleeved on my shoes and made my way downstairs.

"Good Morning Ukraine!" I could hear Belarus yell as I made my way down the stairs. "Mornin' Bela." I said as I walked to the table. To my surprise, I saw Estonia sitting at the table. "Huh? Estonia? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the school by now with Latvia and Lithuania?" I asked.

"Oh! I kinda woke up late. Latvia and Lithuania already left without me." Estonia answered, kind of nervously laughing.

"Okay." I said back, sitting down at my seat next to Belarus. Russia placed a piece of buttered toast front of all of us. As Belarus and Estonia started to chomp down on their pieces of toast, I slowly placed my piece in front of Belarus. "You can have it, Bela. I'm not hungry." 

"You sure?" She said anxiously.

"Yeah." 

"Okay.." She said in a disappointed tone. Belarus finished eating her first piece of toast and proceeded to chomp on my piece. I glanced over at Estonia, who was finished eating. 

"Let's go now!" Estonia squealed excitingly. 

"In a second—!" Belarus mumbled with her mouth full.

"Be careful. We don't want you to choke." I reminded Belarus. She swallowed the rest of the toast and quickly stood up out of her chair, the chair almost tumbled behind her but she caught it quickly, putting the chair back up.

"I'm ready now!" Belarus said. 

"Let's go then." Russia said. "You all better hurry up."  Russia continued, running outside to his car. I tiredly stood up from my chair and made my way to the car with Belarus and Estonia behind me. I sat in the front while Russia sat in the driver seat, Estonia and Belarus sitting in the back. CLICK! CLICK! I could hear Belarus' and Estonia's seatbelt click.  Russia started the car up and we started making our way to Belarus' middle school. The middle school always looked super reserved from the outside. Belarus unbuckled her seatbelt, swinging her bag onto her back and started to walk inside the school. Estonia and I waved goodbye to her as she went in, her slightly waving back. Estonia closed the car door because Belarus forgot to close it before she went in. Before we knew it, we were on our way to the high school. "Damn traffic..." I could hear Russia swear under his breath. I turned away from Russia. "Oh yeah. Ukraine. I have something to tell you." Russia said. I turned back to him. 

"What now?" I mumbled.

"America and his family are transferring to our high school. America didn't want to say why him and his family had to transfer which is semi-understandable."

"Wait! So Canada is coming to our high school too?" I asked. Russia nodded. Oh my god. It'll be so nice to see Canada in person again! We've always had to talk digitally through texts and called due to me moving houses. I continued to daydream about Canada and how long it's been since I've seen him. I snapped back into reality when I heard someone yell my name. Russia opened my car door, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the car.

"Hurry up. You're going to be late." Russia said, shoving my bag into my arms.

"O-oh! Alright!" I replied, running off. I felt something bang into me into me, causing me to slam onto the pavement. I looked up and saw...

To be continued...

Total Word Counter:  838