Sex & Surgery

Author's Note:

Sex & Surgery

A comment fic by bobbiejelly

Someday I might publish this but it first appears as a response to ThatWinchesterGirl67 on "I Tried To Hate You (But Somewhere Along The Line I Fell In Love).

bobbiejelly

Sex and Surgery

Meredith Grey is staring at Addison Montgomery again.

This time Meredith is up in the gallery and Addison is operating and she figures it's safe because if anyone asks why she's staring she can always say she just wants to learn Addison's surgical technique.

Which she does. But not as much as Meredith wants to watch Addison's long fingers manipulate tiny objects in a way that Meredith just KNOWS they could drive her to the brink of insanity if she were to-

Meredith tries really hard not to confuse sex and surgery.

But it's really difficult when Addison is operating and Meredith is staring at Addison's delicate hands and concentrated face and all the things on earth that make her just, so, ADDISON.

In a choice between Sex and Surgery, Meredith has once said to Cristina that she would always choose surgery over sex. Now Meredith is not really sure anymore.

But Meredith doesn't care about all of that right now. What does it matter anyway, when watching Addison perform surgery is about as close to sex as it gets?

***** END OF CHAPTER 1

Author's Note:

This was the turning point in the conversation with ThatWinchesterGirl67 where I decided to start a whole series about Mer's Addie-Shaped-Panic.

Thanks for all the encouragement on Ao3 and Tumblr!

Additionally, if you're reading this and wondering when the hell I might update "Bubble" much less any of my other works... Probably soon? LOL! Help me out with encouraging comments pls.

Take care, and yeah, the title and some of the parts about 'confusion,' are sort of inspired by "Sex & Caring in Seattle," by Bluefall. Seriously, who isn't inspired by that epic WIP!?

Have a great day!

bobbiejelly