Sex & Surgery 2

Sex & Surgery 2

The first time Meredith Grey gets caught staring at Addison Montgomery...

It's in the gallery, and at least (for Meredith's own sanity's sake), it's only Cristina.

And, to be fair, she's only there to watch her separate two fetal heartbeats.

Meredith's own heart is pounding out of your chest because she's watching her hands like she does as if it were some sort of elaborate foreplay, and she can't help but feel self-conscious as Cristina adds her endless commentary about Addison's suture technique.

"You know, I always thought Burke was the best, but the way she handles her tiny sutures, it's possible Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd rivals him, and she's not even a cardio specialist!" Cristina exclaims as she leans over to point that out for her best friend.

"Mer?" Cristina nudges Meredith as she stares, entranced again, her lips gently parted and her expression of utter awe unwavering.

"Huh?" Meredith shifts until she's facing Cristina again. "She has really good techniques, doesn't she?!" Cristina continues, and Meredith goes as red as an apple, and bites her lip in response.

"It's okay, I like to watch too. I won't tell McDreamy or judge you," says Cristina with a shrug, turning back to the operating room below them.

"Yeah..." Meredith says with a contented sigh. "She's amazing..."

Cristina goes on to ramble about obscure heart conditions in infants while Meredith fidgets nervously, hoping that her co-twister-sister can't tell she's been mentally cataloging Addison's exquisiteness all afternoon.

"You know, I have no idea how Derek left someone like that, I mean like, no offense Mer, but just look how she's commanding that O.R! Hmm, maybe he was really into how bossy she always is...? Or he wasn't?" Cristina hypothesizes aloud.

If they weren't so close, and if Cristina wasn't Cristina, and if she didn't fully get it Meredith would have felt insulted by all of that, but to be honest she's not even surprised.

"I know..." Meredith says in a breathy tone.

"Maybe that was Mark's thing? You think Sloan was McSteamy in it for dominant redheads?" Cristina teases.

"Mm, I wouldn't even blame him..." Meredith says lustfully before she can contain herself, revealing her deepest fantasies implicitly.

Suddenly, Meredith's eyes snap open, her hands start shaking, and she's realized she's said that lay part aloud and admitted to her best friend she wants her female boss to take charge of her in the bedroom.

Her spine is as stiff as a rod until she relaxes when she realizes with a chuckle that Cristina hadn't even heard her through her own analysis of Addison's closing technique compared to their textbook.

***** END OF CHAPTER 2

bobbiejelly