Chapter 12: Protecting Eves and Choosing Adams (END)

~At the Sakamaki's mansion~

The sound of the water on the fountain was peaceful and quiet outside the mansion. But on the inside, there was chaos happening.

The wolves have already reached the Sakamaki's mansion and attacking them!

Ayato dodged the one that jumped over his head as it grunted in disappointment. Shu and Reiji were confronting the wolves calmly while Subaru punched the wolf away from him.

"What the hell is going on?!" He shouted before he dodging another wolf who charging at him. 

The triplets were trapped in the middle of the wolves. "Tch." Ayato clicked his tongue as he looked at the moon, didn't know that the wolf was jumping towards him.

.

.

.

~Timeskip~

After the chaos with the wolves, all the furniture was scattered around the ground, Ayato sat down on the stairs after the fight, his shirt stained with his blood because the wolf had scratched him. 

"Damn! What the hell were those wolves?" Ayato questioned as Kanato rubbed the broken glass off his arm and Laito was sitting on the couch. 

Reiji picked the glasses from the ground but he didn't put them. "Considering the fact that they attacked the lunar eclipse, it's probably..."

"You know something?"

"The remaining survivors of the Founders." Shu replied making Subaru turn to him.

Laito turned to him as his fedora was in his hand. "The Founders?"

"If I remember correctly, there were two survivors."

"What are they after?!"

"It's not us?"

"They retreated without finishing us off, which he must mean... they had some other target of higher priority."

"Another target, huh? Could that possibly be..." Laito mumbled as Ayato's eyes widened as he realized.

"Pancake and Cupcake?!"

"Most likely. They were the only ones not here during the attack." Reiji concluded to his brothers.

"Why them?"

"Presumably, they're after their blood. I'm certain they're looking for them right this minute."

Ayato quickly opened the door as he was going to Mukami's mansion. "As if I'll let them!"

"Don't." Shu said, stopping him from going. Ayato stopped walking as Shu explained to him. "The Founders exert maximum strength during the lunar eclipse. It's reckless to face them."

Ayato turned back to reply, "Who gives a damn?! I won't let them have Yui and (Y/N)!"

"Tch." Ayato turned to the left to see Subaru beside him. Subaru turned to the other side, not looking at Ayato. Ayato didn't care about that as they both headed off the door.

.

.

.

~At the Muakmi's mansion~

Yui and you were heading to Ruki's room while Yui carried the tray that had the jar of water and glass. You entered the room first, followed by Yui. You noticed Ruki wasn't resting on his bed.