O

Things started to change. She would show up to school less and less. She always seemed tired. When we would go to our place, it didn't seem as fun. When we would blast songs on the drive to our place, she seemed to enjoy it less. It was getting warmer now, and no matter where we went, she wore long sleeves. All signs that I missed.

"Are we gonna hang out today?" I asked eagerly, ready to take her anywhere.

"I think I need more sleep. I'm feeling really tired," she yawned. I couldn't blame her. I was tired too. I had been studying hard for diploma exams, and I assumed she had been too.

"Okay. Please sleep well. I'll see you tomorrow, right?" I asked.

She only nodded before heading off.

Every time I think back on these memories I just think of what I could've done to change everything. I can't think back on them fondly because my mind is always plagued by the things I did wrong.

Soobin tried to tell me that I couldn't change anything, or that I did what I could've done but I could've done so much more. If I had taken her home to sleep, if I had asked about why she was so tired, if I had asked why she always wore long sleeves. If, if, if.

I could only think of the 'ifs' in the situation. I felt like I did everything wrong. I did nothing to help her.