Chapter 11: The Want

Only three things lead to vulnerability: ignorance, greed, and corruption.

"Brother, thou wot that while I state that I appreciate thou, I state it festinate and true, but Pride, ye art an impenitent daw. Ye art near to one hundr'd eons older than myself, and thrice as powerful. And then, how else doth thou endue shame to our dynasty, but to lease a blind girl from our grip. doth thou wot what thou hast done?" Nermal was now so furious, he no longer could express his rage.

"Brother, I ..." pride started to say, but Nermal cut him off and said, "While in vocation, I expect thou to clepe me by mine title.

"Boss, I am so sorry. I may be powerful, but when it comes to plans and intelligence, you got the lot. And I was so close to ..." Pride continued.

"'Tis the aspect! Thou wast too close to her. Thy demonic fuel awoke her mental capacity."

"Oh ... well at least you still got to chances."

Nermal's eye lit up with excitement, "Nay, ye art amiss ... I hast three."

Nermal had a wonderful strategy, and it was wonderfully, awful strategy.

The bevy, now in the basement, had reached the boiler room. They began to worry, for an epoch log enough for the tessellation of assailments and travel to continue was nearing an end.

Which sin would come this time, and for whom?

Their questions were answered more promptly than expected when Jeremy's skeleton began to judder and bound out of the sack that laid upon Papa's back.

The orts then accumulated to the form of a human skeletal structure. From out of the couplings, muscle, skin, and other bodily tissues (as well as cloth) wrapped around the bones. They molded and whittled until they formed into the now-no-longer-late bellhop that detonated.

When he sat up, he instantly asked, "Do any of you know which sin is coming? Because I think he's coming for me.

'How do you know that we are being attacked by the children of my father's brother, the sins?' Wrote Kno.

"Because he was dead, cousin, not deaf," a shadowy, enigmatic voice came from behind them.

A disembodied hand in a wan glove, seeming never amenable to release of what whatever it can, and will, get ahold of, floated towards the multitude.

As it did this, it grew in to a full humanoid, complete with a cane made of emeralds, an olive, greasy-sweet jacket, a pastel top hat, striped pants, sandals, and fangs like a vampire's that, rather than imbibing blood, drains every, single, solitary, possible experience that any tangible object can offer.

Before anyone could react, the sin flicked his index finger and separated himself and Jeremy from the rest.

"Which one was that?" asked Heads.

'Greed,' scribed Kno.

"Wait a second ..." Joni seemed puzzled at something, "Didn't Nermal say, and I quote, ''Tis impossible, I reap souls, not material bodies,' and so ends the quote?"

'Rule 7: my father lies,' notched Kno.

"Why did you bring me back to life?" asked Jeremy.

"Why ... isn't that what you wanted? To be alive again?" answered Greed

"Yes, it is ... but I cannot."

"If you choose to stay, you choose to never have your flesh again, flesh can only be given back once, then it is lost forever in the In-Between."

"If I were to accept this life, I would accept to send my friends to Hell, and ultimately, me."