Truth or Dare?

"Hello?" I hear after I pick the call.

"Hey Anks, wassup?" I reply.

"Did you all have to vote for me? My head is so messed up right now!" she half screams. We had elected her as the group organiser for our school talent show on the theme of Christmas and she was NOT happy!

"Ha-ha! You're the best organiser we have! How coud we not vote for you?"

"Says the girl who won the best organiser award last year."

"Well, I've got to give others an opportunity right? So, who better than you!" Down-to-Earth is not a tag anyone would give me. Modesty and me are from two different worlds.

"Shut up! And get your ass to my place in 15. We need to rehearse or we are not gonna stand a chance!"

"Oh come on! You have the great super talented Rischelle on your team, why worry? We're gonna kick their butt!"

I hear a sigh followed by an annoyed, "Just come here!"

I chuckle. "Okay okay, C'ya!"

"C'ya!"

**********************

AN HOUR LATER

Ankitha's big beautiful and always neat house is a big mess. Pillows are scattered everywhere. Food trays, juice bottles, chips packets all around. You cannot see the white marbled tiles in the floor anymore. The sofa's are pushed back at awkward angles to make space for everyone. She, herself is a huge mess- her hair is tied in a messy bun, a pencil stands on her ear, her notebook in hand as she walks to and fro non-stop barking orders.

"Well, the cast for the skit is done. Nischith- your responsibility"

"Aye aye captain!" he says. I laugh. Honestly, she's being so bossy that it's no surprise, she's being called captain.

"NISCHITH!"

"Sorry Ankitha!"

"Rischelle, You're the M.C"

I smile at her in affirmative.

"Jaleetha- the choir"

"yup!" she replies.

"Hey, Did I miss anything?" comes a voice from the door. Pravith!

"A lot! All places are filled I don't think you will get to be part in any of this" Ankitha tells him sulking.

"Oh mahn! And here, I rehearsed every carol twice on the drums."

"You did? That's great! We can start practice right now. Jellz, Go and decide the songs. Mithi get the guitar ready. No time to lose. I cancelled the drum thinking you wouldn't come. Thank god, you've don..." She trails off seeing the smirk on Pravith's face. "You didn't, did you?"

"Of course not, babes! I was watching Home Alone."

"Again?" I ask. "Your such a kid! Honestly, how many times have you seen that movie already?"

"Just about 54 times in all"

"Shut up! Both of you!" Ankitha yells. "You, Pravith, do not even try speaking to me again unless I speak to you first. Now start rehearsing. Everybody-positions!"

Pravith is my best friend, well maybe a little more. I'm not sure yet. We've practically known each other all our life. He's 16, Just two years elder than me. It might be hard to believe, but he is the school's student body leader. I still can't believe how the laziest person in the entire campus was elected for this. But, he is never slack in his work- the best thing about him, well apart from his cuteness and the dimples on his cheeks. He might laze around but everything is always done on time.