High in love

CHAPTER THREE

23nd DECEMBER

Finally, the day of the Competition has arrived. The school is a buzz of activity. All four squads are geared up. The competition is gonna be tough. I haven't been able to attend practice at all. Mostly, because I didn't know how to face Pravith. I mean, we were best friends and everything but this is way more.  Luckily, I didn’t have much to do today being the host. 
Now, my main priority is escaping Pravith until necessary, atleast. So I hit the best place, the restroom. Unfortunately, my whole girl gang surrounds me within minutes. 

"Pravith is searching for you", Jaleetha says

"Oh!" I say flushing.

"What's going on?" Ankitha says eyeing me suspiciously.

"Umm...Nothing" I say turning away quickly before she can see through me. 

"Pravith and Rischelle,
sitting on a tree..." Mithi starts.

"Shut up, shut up! Nothing like that. “I say frantic they saw through me so quick.

"Pravith and Rischelle,
sitting on a tree,
K I S S I N G
First comes Love,
then comes Marriage,
Then comes TEN babies in a golden carriage!" All three of them chime together.

"Guys stop! Please" I beg

"Yeah guys! You're wrong," Jaleetha says.

"Thank you babe," I say with relief.

She winks at me then turns to the others and says, "You are so wrong. Ten babies is like too less. They are gonna be very busy."

"Bitch!" I say rewarding her with a water splash, drenching her and soon the entire room is a mess. 

“Enough! Enough!" Mithi says putting up her hands in surrender. We take a moment to catch our breaths then our eyes meet each other and we burst into laughter all over again.

"Tell us how?" Ankitha asks. She's always the one for details. And so I narrate everything that happened since I left the house on the 18th minus the Alden part.

"... And so my favorite day has been officially changed to 19th December." I conclude.

"Did you have a favorite day before this? " Mithi asks confused. 

"Ignore her" Jellz tells me. "How could you accept him so easily? We have the rights to do a bit of fuss. "

"Well, I did make a lot of fuss actually." I admit sheepishly.

"Yeah? Like What?" Ankitha demands, not believing me for one second.

"Well..." I began.

FLASHBACK

Pravith:  Rischelle Masceranus, I love you! Will you give me a place in that heart of yours? Will you give me the title of your boyfriend?

Me: Aww, I don’t know. I need time to think.

Pravith: Seriously? You're gonna make me beg aren't you?

Me: course I am.

Pravith: Think again, I can come over there and propose you in front of your mom. Wassay?

Me: NO! NO! NO! 

Pravith:  Why? It'll be fun... You know, how orthodox your family is...