Confessions

CHAPTER TWO

FLASHBACK

"Who was it then?" he asks casually, his hands shoved deep inside his pockets, as he tosses the football around with his feet.

"You!" I answer.

***

"Oh my Gawd!" he says amidst laughter. He is laughing so hard that he can't even stand. His hands have left their original place to clutch his belly. 

"Hey, Stop!" I say embarrassed. My cheeks are flaming hot. I can't believe he's laughing and just stare at him incredulously as he sits on the road still laughing uncontrollably. I stomp away.

1 step. Come on, Stop me.

2nd step. I know you wanna call my name. Call me

3rd. Come on

4th. Have you forgotten my name?

5th. Forget it.

6th...

"Princess, wait up! Stop! Nice joke though! My tummy is aching from all that laughing."

A joke? He took it as a joke. Is he dumb or what? "It's Rischelle, not Princess and I was serious"

"OMG! Do I call an ambulance? If your serious, you need to see a doctor." he says and breaks into guffaws all over again. I resume my walk again, tears falling from eyes. Could this day get any worse? 18th December, totally the worst day of my life. I so hate him!

"Rischelle, wait!... Rishu...?"

I ignore him and open the gate to my house. I've reached the front door and he still is calling out my name. 

"Rishu, I have a crush on you too!" he yells.

Great! Now the whole freaking neighbourhood knows. I slam the door close and run to my room avoiding Mom's gaze.

"You’re late!" 

"Yeah Mom, I know. Excuse me, I'm tired. I'll shower and then speak to you, please?"

I know that Mom will be very busy and she ought to forget the matter by the time I'm done and she did. Lucky for me!
I head to my room and check my cell which I had thrown on the bed- YOU HAVE 25 MISSCALLS AND 3 NEW MESSEGES- all from Pravith. I didn’t bother opening the messages. Screw him!

I go to sleep early. I can't stand any more of mom's questions. She keeps asking me what's wrong. What do I tell her? My crush laughed over my confession? NO FREAKING WAY!

***

I'm back from school. My whole day was spent sulking. I still cringe when I remember the events of yesterday. 

My cell has a new message.

Anks: Hey babe, Pravith's place. Practice at 5 pm. Cya there!

No way in hell, am I gonna face him today. So I text her back: Not feeling too well... Carry on without me... :)

Anks: Okay :) Take care :)

I scroll through last night’s messages. The first text said, PLEASE PICK UP THE PHONE.

 The second: HEY I'M SORRY, PLEASE PICK UP!

The third: GET LOST. I'M DONE TRYING TO TALK TO YOU.

And then nothing. Why did I have to tell him? Stupid me! I busy myself in Homework to pull my thoughts away from him.

While I am still doing my homework, I can hear screams and shouts of joy. I look at the time, 6:30 pm. They must have finished practice.His house is in plain sight from mine so I look out of my window and I  see them playing football. My favourite sport! I sigh and walk away. Slowly, the voices decrease until there is no sound at all. I can see Pravith sitting on his front porch intently gazing at his screen. I turn away and head for a shower. Just as I leave the room, my message tone rings, Must be Ankitha updating me. I go, thinking of checking it later.

After bath, I watch some stupid Soap Opera on TV, well not exactly stupid. The love story is kinda cute except they drag it a lot.  I shut off the TV and head to my room and pull out a story book to read and pass my time. My phone beeps. Shit! I forgot to check the earlier text. Anks is gonna be so mad at me! 

I slide the phone on and check my messages. Pravith! Both of them from him. I check his first message: Since, you’re not picking up my call, this is the only way to tell you- I had a crush on you too! Actually, I still do.I told you yesterday but you were too angry to listen.

This can't be true, I think. No way! I remember him telling me just before I closed the door. All that had been in my head at that time was that he probably was making fun of me and teasing me in front of all my neighbours.

I open his second text: Looks like you aren't interested. Sorry for wasting your time. 

No! No! No! I think. I can't lose him now.

I text him back: You had a crush on me?

Pravith: Which part of that messege was unclear? I still have.

ME: Still? Really?

Pravith: Yes dufus! You really are a thickhead, aren't you? 

Just as I was about to reply, I get another text. 

Pravith:  Rischelle Masceranus, I love you! Will you give me a place in that heart of yours? Will you give me the title of your boyfriend?

Me: I love you and yes and yes!

A/N : Pic- Shahid Kapoor as Pravith >>>>>