40. Upload

Hey Dad & Mom,  how are you doing? I knew it was Father's Day yesterday. But I had no way to wish Dad a happy Father's Day because you were in a different world. Hope you meet mom in heaven since she passed away in 2008. Also hope you have some ways to sense how much I miss both of you. 

Hey, you know I watch a funny TV series called "Upload" that talks about how people upload the memories of the deceased into a heavenly-like world managed by a big high tech company. The loved ones can continue communicating via a virtual reality platform. If this technology existed then, we could be still communicating virtually and you could talk back. Cool, right? Oh no, may be not because we were so poor then. But that doesn't matter. Let's imagine we could communicate through FaceBook.

What do you want me to tell you? When I was in primary school, I was so proud to tell you when I scored A in my exams. At my age now, I guess you won't like to hear that anymore. I know what you both want to know: Am I still single? Hmmmm. Should I be honest or tell you a lie to make you happy? I am sure you always want an honest kid. Yeah, I am. But I have more friends, more colleagues, more nice people, more mentors, more loving people.. Guess what I am going to tell you next? My elderly patient wrote me a "thank you" note before she died and that brought tears to my eyes, partly because that reminded me of both of you. Tonight, when I walk into my regular dining restaurant, the young boy in the restaurant gives me a hug because he knows that I am sad. See, that's why I say I am single, but I am not lonely. Now, you both are happy to know this right?

Hey Dad, you died when I was only 12y. I wish I could have more memories of the times that we spent together. But those times were so limited, and the memories are so precious. I did write about you in a few chapters in my memoir. Oops, did I tell you that I have written a memoir? No. I worried you would be jealous that you appeared only in a few chapters while mom appeared like a star in the memoir. Don't you be jealous. See, you are mentioned like a star in this writing.

Hey, I got to go to bed now because I got to work tomorrow. Happy belated Father's Day.

(I've found this Family photo - the one and only one with all of us in one photo. If we were to be dad & son again, don't you dare to die so young again, and I must have V2 of this photo.)

=========

"Forever is composed of nows."— Dickinson Quotes.