A

It was all hopeless in the end, so why try?

No, maybe I shouldn't.  

~°☐°~

You didn't get a good night's sleep at all. Your thoughts were plagued by none other than Shouto Todoroki, and what you had seen at the cafe yesterday. Every time you thought of him, of his soft smile, you felt rough petals rising in your throat and fought the urge to scream in frustration. 

But you didn't know why.

Why would you scream, when your heart was slowly shattering?

It didn't make sense. 

You had kept a small bucket beside your bed, leaning over to hack up petals — no, not petals. They were entire flowers now, and you sometimes wondered if you were going to die. Yes, there was the surgery, but you didn't want to lose the ability to love.

You wouldn't be human anymore, without love.

So, now, you sat in class, silently wondering why you should fight to stay alive.

It was all useless in the end, anyways.

Even though that was the case, you had learned to act natural and hide the fast that flowers grew in your lungs, entwined with the respiratory organs and slowly suffocating you. You were still the happy-go-lucky goody-two-shoes with sparkly eyes and bright smiles on the outside.  

No one saw.

No one knew.

No one was able to tell the difference. 

"Next, Todoroki vs Yaoyorozu," droned Aizawa, and you clenched your fist in your lap as you looked up to see the pair step onto the field to spar in their hero costumes. "3..2..1.."

"Begin."

Almost immediately, ice exploded from Todoroki's right foot, speeding towards Momo. Dodging and running left, a long pole emerged from her forearm and she swung it towards the left of his head. Todoroki's eyes widened, and he lifted up him forearms to block, skidding back a few meters. 

Aiming a punch to her shoulder, he successfully delivered the blow, causing Momo to clench her jaw. Lifting his leg in a kick, Momo's eyes widened and she jumped back, watching Todoroki warily. You saw a flash of worry crossing Todoroki's face, below he walked over to where Momo was standing once more, another pole in her hand.

"I forfeit." he spoke slowly, and Aizawa nodded before dismissing them and calling up the next group, Mina and Tsu. 

You didn't pay attention, for your eyes were watching as Todoroki and Momo conversed, small smiles visible on both their faces. As you felt rough flowers rise up in your throat, you sighed, standing up and walking towards the bathroom as calmly as you could. 

Halfway, you were met by Kaminari and Sero, who both lit up at the sight of you.

"Yo, [y/n] bro!" yelled Kaminari, waving you over. Not wanting to seem suspicious, you gave them a grin in response and pushed the flowers down for later. 

"Hey, Sero, hey, Denki," you spoke, walking up to them. Sero had a grin on his face, and Kaminari had bursts of electricity covering his body as he shook. You raised an eyebrow.

"We're pranking Bakubro today, after school! You want in?" questioned Sero, and you shook your head, smiling a bit as you waved your hands in front of you. 

"No thanks," you spoke, swallowing the flowers once more. "Besides, what makes you think that's a good idea?" 

"Nothing! Bakubro just needs to loosen up," said Kaminari, patting you on the back. "Besides, if you help us, we won't die!" he added, and a redhead popped out from behind them.