BIRTHDAY

“Dumbo, you spent the whole evening on the swing watching sunset”, said an exasperated Kathy.

“It was a wonderful time sitting in peace with her. And the best thing was she was with me”, replied Sameer. The whole day he spent with Kathy preparing for her birthday party. Everyone was invited including Ridhima. On the next day Kathy was too excited. It was her day, the day on which she had the liberty to do anything; she will get many exciting gifts. But someone was there who was more excited. Sameer was waiting for the evening to come, so that he spends one more evening with Ridhima.

Finally the evening came and the decorations were done. Kathy had dressed beautifully for her day and Sameer too was looking good. Slowly their friends started coming and soon noise of laugh and enjoyment were around. And then in the white sequined top which was glittering in the light Ridhima came and again her eyes looking for acquaintance. Swiftly Sameer went and hugged her. There was a great delightment when they both saw each other. After the party which was full of wines, junk food and loud music, all the friends sat together in a circle, each one talking about their life.

          “When you’re going to introduce me to your parents”, asked Ridhima.

There was a silence but then Sameer promised and planned the meeting on Sunday.

Slowly he came forward and placed his palm on her cheeks. She closed her eyes, he came closer and then his lips met on her wet lips and they kissed.