Waking Up

I woke up on a couch. Immediately I realized I must've fainted. Ugh. The most girly and dumb action to ever take place in a novel. Dammit why'd I have to faint. 

I slowly sat up and saw Clover, the blonde kid, and the horse man sitting around me. They did not seem in shock that I had fainted. I mean tons of kids have arrived and found out they are half normal half ancient deity so maybe fainting was pretty normal. 

The blonde kid was sitting on a stool next to me. He smiled, and I felt like my inside were melting. I smiled back. I looked over to the fireplace, where Clover was pacing back and forth. He had removed his "human costume" and now stood in all his goat manliness, goat legs, hooves and horns, with a leather vest of sorts.

The horse man saw I was awake and walked, well rather clip-clopped, over to the couch. 

"Welcome, Cassandra. To Camp Half-Blood. I take by the claiming and the fainting that you know who you are and why you are here." He smiled. 

It took me a moment to realize what he had meant. Claiming? Oh that's right. Mom's a Greek goddess. 

"Yeah, the owl is the symbol of Athena, right?" I asked, even though I knew for a fact it was. 

"Yes you are correct." He said. He looked over to a teen boy I hadn't noticed in the room before. He had the same blonde hair and grey eyes I did, and you could just tell from the way he looked at you that he knew more than you and wasn't afraid to let you know that he knew more than you did. 

"My name is Chiron," the horse man said, "And this-"

"Training of heroes, the centaur?" I cut him off. 

"Yes my dear," he smiled, "you seem to know your stuff already. But Malcolm Pace here will fill you in on the newer details."

He gestured over to the blonde boy standing by the fireplace. 

"Malcolm here, is also a child of Athena."

I felt kind surprised. I mean I should've known that if the "newer" Gods "got around" in the ancient times, they would here in America too. Heck I guess I was living proof of that. But now it just occurred to me that I might have other siblings. I lived with my Dad, his wife and their daughter, and I was never really allowed to interact with her and her cousins. The idea that I had a family of my own, and other siblings, that was the best news I had heard all day. 

"Malcolm will give you the tour, and try to explain what goes on here. Then he'll take you to Cabin 6, that's where you will live."

I nodded and Malcolm walked over to me. I was kinda shocked how similar we looked. He was a bit taller than me and definitely more athletic. 

"Hey there," he said smiling, "I'm Malcolm, your brother."

"Hi," I said back, "I guess I'm your sister."

He laughed. 

"Yeah you'll be saying that to quite a few other kids, I'll show you around."

We left the house we had been in prior and walked down the steps of the wrap around porch. As we headed towards the cabin area, I felt more at home than I had anywhere else before.