p r o l o g u e.

» [THE LAST TIME] «

THE MISSION WAS SIMPLE. take the target out undetected and get back to base quickly. ebony adams otherwise known as her alias noir had completed this type of mission more times than she could count on her hands. HYDRA did not take failure to kindly - she learned this early on after spending hours getting punished for small mistakes.

over the years she had been held by HYDRA all ebony could remember was the pain she experienced at the beginning and the series of assassinations she carried out. her past was a blur, always feeling as if something was missing in her life. blossom knew it was her captors doing, and she knew exactly what she had to do to leave all the suffering she had endured behind.

the brunette grasped her two long daggers tightly as she watched her target walk through the business centre. her black mask covering the bottom half of her face while her long dark hair flowed down to her shoulders. she continued to watch the powerful business man walk through the office until he reached his office. ebony envisioned the location and let the black smoke swirl around her body taking her from the top of the opposite building before reappearing in the office in a millisecond.

"how did you get in here?" the older man exclaimed loudly, his hand reaching under his desk. ebony rolled her eyes watching him fumble for the button. she teleported behind him, and brought up the sharp dagger to his throat before swiping it quickly, slitting his throat. ebony used the back of her hand to wipe away the small specks of blood off her face.

the mission was completed just as they had instructed. she stood in a daze, her mind going blank. ebony knew she had to leave the scene quickly in case anyone spotted her with the dagger in hand and dead man in front of her. the assassin searched the office grabbing the spare cash from the mans wallet and pockets. if she wanted to leave HYDRA behind without the fear of no longer having a small chunk of her memories back she had to do it now.

she teleported out the office building and onto the busy streets of new york. after slipping the sharp blades back into their place on her waist she moved quickly away from the building and pulled the black mask off her face not wanting to draw any more attention to herself.

her mind was racing through the possibilities she could possibly face for what she was currently doing. the worst one being caught by her captors once again and being subject to her memory being wiped and being punished to her breaking point. her thoughts also lingered onto the other assassin she would be leaving behind to experience the same pain.

over the years, they had formed a secret bond after being assigned missions together. noir and the winter soldier would no longer have each other.