Chapter 1 Part 1

Aunt Carol looks at me through the rear view window, "Olga, today is your big day! Are you excited"? I shrug, "I guess". She gets a disappointed look on her face, "I-I mean I'm very excited!! Today is the most important day of my life"!!
I hate disappointing people even though people have no problem disappointing me. My sister. My mother. Myself. I miss them. They were they had this beauty about them that nobody could take away. Except society. They stripped us naked and fed up to bears. "No mercy for the weak. No love for the lonely. No hope for the hopeless". That's what we were. My sister was weak, my mother was lonely, and it's just a matter of time until I become hopeless. They've taken most of my hope away from me when my sister died. She died long before she was dead, though.
When society made her lonely. When she had the Surgery. "A procedure that is required for every one the age 16 to make them perfect. There is a 1.25% chance of failure or death during the procedure". Basil was that 1.25%. Or she wanted to be. The doctors said she swallowed sleeping pills before the procedure and wasn't waking up. They operated on her anyway. "A perfect life is a perfect death", they told my Aunt, "We had to, it'd be illegal if she died infected". My mother, she killed herself. I still remember the day.
"Olga, please calm down, you're too loud", Basil hushed. "N-No!!! Mommy's gone!!! Mommy's dead!! She isn't here because she hates this world!! I hate this world, Basil," I rocked back and forth on the floor, crying. Basil was only 14. I was only 10. "She killed herself, Basil", I whispered in disbelief. "No," she lifted my chin so I could look into her crystal blue eyes, the color of a dark ocean storm, "She saved herself".