Special

Here's an extra- something unrelated but I thought I'd insert it here. 

Cheers!

__________

6 Years Later

What is the uncanny past knocking on your door on a Tuesday night?

They say how you greet them is how much you have changed. They say how you bring them in for a tour is how much you have grown.

But is it, really?

I opened the door and smiled. "Oh, it's been long, has it?" "Right, 6 years. I'm just really curious about something, which brought me here." He said, eyes on the floor, shoulders slightly awkward, hands in pocket.

And you'd think what's there to be curious of after 6 years? All the 6 years you wrote in words, saved in a corner of the Internet. All the 6 years you spent crying, smiling, laughing and in hindsight, grieving.

You let your uncanny past in, small talked about the weather, about our lives now. One in the East and one in the West, oh how much we have matured. And then he asks, "were all those about me?" as he walks around the room, looking at all the pictures and ornaments. And he asks once again "was I the one in your stories?"

Oh, good gracious! I should really tell my younger self not to post so much on the Internet.

But I laughed it off anyway and said yes. Because 6 years later, it didn't really matter who I wrote and why I wrote. I tucked them all in a corner of the Internet.

And his eyes flashed guilt, remorse, despair and disbelief. He said he's a failure because he failed to see the one who loved him the most.

Loved. As if I stopped.

And he apologised. Time after time. And I shrugged and I laughed. We were young and we were immature. We made decisions and perhaps it was only bad timing.

After all, who could blame a badly timed rendez-vous?

v