CHAPTER 4: THE START OF THE INEVITABLE

Today was the day. The day of the days of the dayssssssssss. Ohk I may be kind of dramatic.

I got everything ready. I had to wake up early though, because we were all sharing 1 bathroom, which consisted of 3 showers and 1 long bathtub.

So after wearing my uniform, it was time to go eat. It was BREAKFAST TIME (how ironic because I don't even like eating breakfast, it was just a habit I adopted since the first grade.  I guess you can call me weird).

I walked to the breakfast area with Didi. Didi is so funny, she is literally a WHOLE mood. When we got there we met up with the boys of the hostel cause we eat together.

We prayed then we went to go get our food. Breakfast wasn't as fancy as you'd think it was either Oats, Porridge or Sour Beans (Ting/Mabele). Today it was Porridge.

After eating, we went back to the hostel and got our things then went to school (which was like 20 steps away from the hostel).

We got there and got nervous asf, Didi kept on teasing people to lighten up the mood. The ball rang indicating that school was starting. We got in our lines, then went to the auditorium (the auditorium was actually the Church, this was actually a school on weekdays and Church on Sundays. We even had a Primary School next door, literally u could just walk to the Primary School. And ironically there was a Muslim church across from us).

Walking into the auditorium, we were told that we couldn't go in if you didn't have a Bible. Didi and a few of the 8th graders and some other learners didn't know because we were new, so they let us in.

The grades were seated in rows. 1st & 2nd row were grade 8,'s, 3rd & 4th row were grade 9's, 5th & 6th were grade 10's.... so we were the first in line, yay (eye role. I HATE unwanted attention).

We sang Church songs the grade 9's were the life of the party, by the way. The principal came and introduced the teachers and himself, the head of the school introduced herself (she was the wife of the Bishop that owned the school), then came the owner of the school, the BISHOP. I should have known from that day that he was gonna be the reason for all my misery...

We went to class, I was seated next to Didi. Everybody was seated next to a friend or someone they're comfortable with.
Turns out that only 2 of the people we were in class with came from the Primary next door. Apparently they weren't even friends back then, well I was shocked at those news cause they were the best of friends. Yea, you could see that I was very much stupid.

The day went on pretty well, and soon it was Break Time. So we went to the Tuck-Shop downstairs and there was an old lady who was selling we called her Koko (old lady). We had to be in lines cause there were posters above with different grades. I bought my food and waited for Didi. Didi LOVES food.

We went outside to the benches. We then acquainted with some of our classmates. Well me being the gullible and naive girl that I am, befriended anyone I met. Well I thought they were my friends...

Break time was over. We went back to classes...
I REALLY liked boys, I could like any boy whatsoever, even if you ugly. I will still like you. So I liked all the boys in grade 9. And some of my classmates and some in grade 11 and 12.

This guy called Mark in grade 11 liked me like a lot. You know that kinda 'like' where a bad boy liked a girl. Mark wasn't the bad boy that I was looking for. No, it wasn't. I wanted more, I wanted something more. I wanted attention (ironically I grew to hate attention after that), I wanted THAT status, I wanted to be cool, I wanted popularity. I wanted to be KNOWN (boy was I known...).

So everytime he would hit on me I would ignore him. I should've just settled with Mark, things would've never escalated the way they did.

There was this other teacher though. The son of the Bishop and his wife. The first born, to be precise. He was our Arts and Culture (Creative Arts) teacher. Me being a dickhead (literally, I liked anything with a dick), I grew to fancy him. Then I did the most dumbest thing I could do. I told a friend of mine Chary, that I fancied him, but I told her as a joke. No I didn't, I told her not as a joke, man I thought it was.

Things escalated to her telling Amatha, then SOON the teacher knew. Sir John. Boy oh boy. Amatha hated me, she was known as the bully, well cause she is.
She bullied me every single day, I don't know why though. She would come at me for everything, she said I had a bad breath, she would come at me everytime I'd speak.

The bad breath stayed, she teased me about throughout. We were cool at some point then BOOM she was a bully again.

Anyway Sir John found out then called me, Amatha and Chary. He actually let Chary of the hook cause she was her favorite. He didn't even shout at Amatha, he just asked her what she knew and who told her. As for me though, he 'ACTED' like he was shouting, but you could see that he was flattered.
Don't get any compliments huh, big guy... figured.

I should have known from that, that things were gonna get fucked up from here. Yea well I wasn't the brightest on these kinda things, I'm still not, well am better than what I was before...

Hello my darlingz♥️

•Wheeewww that was a long chapter.
•We got to know Pam's first experience in High School (btw this chapter wasn't the first day of Pam, but the first weeks of school. Don't get confused, aight😹)
•Expect more long chapters🙂

Read👁. VOTE⭐. Comment📲.