IV

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

Rain heavily pours outside, and I'm on the bed. Sheets scattered and on the floor. In a fetal position, I've stopped crying an hour ago and all you can hear is the heavy rain. Lightning flashes follow by a loud thundering boom. I flinch and remember a memory.

⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️

I'm on bed with blankets that cover me. It said on the news that it was going to storm. I dislike thunderstorms. Reminded me of how close I was to being struck by a lightning once. I shuddered as another thunder boomed. This caused a black out, and I buried myself more into the blankets. Bright left a minute ago, to probably fetch some candles.

Another thundering boom, and I whimpered. Just in time as Bright arrived with a candle. He immediately heard my whimper and lit all the candles in the room before crawling into bed.

He hugged me under the pile of blanket and comforted me.

"It'll be alright, darling. The lightning won't get you." He takes the blanket off my head and brushed my hair. "I'll be here from now on. Whenever there's a storm and the whole world goes dark. I'll be that bright light."

I snorted at his words.

"You're so corny you know that right?"

"Yeah, well you couldn't help yourself and married this corny guy." He gave me cheeky a smile.

I was about to say something when there was another thundering boom. I immediately hugged him.

"Shh, I'm here... There's nothing to be afraid of anymore, (n/n)."

⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️

"Bright you liar." I sniffle. "You said you'd be there for me. But why now when the whole world is dark. Suddenly, you become someone else's bright light."

Now he's in someone else's home. She's so lucky.

How does it feel, to have someone who lives with you at night, when I'm here all alone. With all the memories, remembering when I was your own.

Another booming thunder, and this time I can't help but cry out.

What went wrong? Was it really because I couldn't give him a child?

Is that really the sole reason?

Why are you leaving me with these unanswered questions?

It aches my heart.

Like it's in the clutches of a hand that is filled with thorns. Each beating, its fleshy walls get shredded.

I'm at the point of pain where it has become numb, but I feel it. That I cannot find another way to ease the pain.

A shiver runs down my spine as I realize that it is cold. Hugging myself to keep me warm. I know I should just grab the blanket from the floor, but I'm left with no energy. Too tired from all the stress the emotional pain I'm going through.

Has the bed always been this big?

Another lightning and booming thunder.

I remember another memory.

⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️

"Briiight mooove!" I giggled and try to push him off me. He decided that it was a great idea to go on the side of my bed and push himself to me.

"But I don't want to be far from youu." His voice muffled because he stuffed his face to my hair.

"Ewww you'll get your saliva on my hair! Haha. Briiight, come oooon. The bed is spacious."

"But I don't want to be far away from you. I want to hold you in my arms for as long as I can. Heck if there wasn't any work, I'd just lay down in this bed with you and hold you in my arms." He looks at me.

I blush. He still manages to swoon me with his words.

"Aweee I made you blush, how cute. Now you make me want to hug you tight and never let go." And on cue he hugs me tighter.

"I'm going to explode if you keep on doing this!" I laugh.

"Buuut I want to hold you." He pouts.

Damn, this guy. He really knows my weakness.

"... Fineee. Just don't make it tight. Let me breathe a bit." I give him a peck on his lips.

His eyes widen and a smirk on his face as he realizes what I done.

⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️⏮️

He's always warm... Like every time he hugs me. I feel like all of my worries are gone. That he'll keep me safe.

But now, all I feel is the cold hug of loneliness. The cold weather doesn't even make it better. Is this how it feels when love has grown cold? Suddenly the whole world around you just feels less warm and welcoming.

The colors are not as vibrant anymore. Like a filter has been placed over your eyes to see it in a gloomy shade. Funny, how one person can make you see the world in a lively and beautiful way. Then when that person is gone, it becomes... Plain.

The rain outside becomes a light shower. Listening to the sound of nature, it slowly lulls me to sleep.

The events from today, catching up to me. My eyes get heavy and start to slowly close.

"I guess, I'm not the one who holds your heart anymore..." I mutter before sleeps take over.

Just as all my senses are about to rest, I swear I could faintly hear the door to the room open.

And suddenly it becomes less cold.

I shift for a bit and murmur his name.

Then sleep takes over me.