V

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I woke up to the smell of pancakes in the morning. Wait, what? Did Nene let herself in? But she doesn't even cook! Was it an intruder?

I hear the door creak open and heavy footsteps follow. Preparing myself, I clutch the nearest thing from my reach. I felt it and it was a magazine. I open my eyes and as I'm about to attack the intruder, I stop and drop the magazine. My eyes cannot believe what I'm seeing right before me. It's like his ghost appeared.

"Woah, did it get worse that I'm starting to have hallucinations?" I question myself.

"What are you talking about? It's me, your husband. I came to-" but he got cut off as I immediately hug him from behind. Careful as not to let him spill any of the contents from his tray.

"Oh, darling. I had this awful nightmare last night," I start to ramble and feel tears bream from the corner of my eyes. "That you le-" but I stop as I see my surroundings. The dried wine that stained my carpet and the glass stains on the floor.

"Oh..." I step back and look at him straight in the eyes. "You really meant it last night huh?" my voice weakens. I suddenly lost my energy as the memories flood back from my mind. Of course, how can I be so stupid that it was all a dream? But in reality I'm living the nightmare.

His eyes just give off that empty feeling. No more life or emotions. Just that dead stare. Like how my Bright that I know, is dead now.

"That's what I came to talk to you about." His voice is even cold. I feel myself shiver by the tone of his voice.

"But, before that have some breakfast. I know you have not eaten anything yet. Here." He places the tray of food on the bed. Then sits beside it.

"Well?" He extends his hand to the empty space next to the tray and invites me to sit. I can feel my knees start to shake. I take a step forward. Almost falling, but he does not even react to catch me or even try to. I feel a slight tinge in my heart. But I ignore it and try to gulp the pain away.

After a few seconds of that painful short journey to the end of the bed, I finally take a seat.

"Here, take a bite." He feeds me a slice of pancake, and I take a small bite. I chew the bland thing and swallow. Even eating is a pain now. I never knew I would reach this point.

"I want to move in with her."

My whole world stops and I feel like puking out the remains in my stomach.

"As you can see... You're not in a good state right now. Plus I have this new project I'm working on. I can't deal with the stress. I just came here to ask for your permission. I won't take any of my stuff with me..." He keeps on talking but I don't hear the rest of his words. I look down to my lap and clench my fists. The knuckles turn white and my vision goes blurry. Even after all that crying last night, there's still tears falling. Does he really want me to cry blood?

"Go." I quietly whisper.

He stops talking and I can feel his gaze at me.

"I said go! Leave! Even if I beg for you to stay–" But I got cut off as he kisses me. My eyes widen but feeling his warm lips on mine reminds me of how much I long for him. For his touch. Suddenly I forgot what happened and just let him be. He stops and looks at me. I can see the hunger in his eyes. This is a different look. It's just dark and hunger. It's not filled with warmth or love like before. He stands up and moves the tray to the table.

Turning back to me, I feel this shiver run down my spine. That look on his face. I know all to well. It means that he wants me. He needs me. Every step he takes closer to me makes me feel trapped. But it's somehow thrilling. I feel vulnerable under that gaze of his. It makes me weak whenever he looks at me like that. Somehow it feels like it's just me and him alone in the world.