Chapter 2

*Sulley is seen sleeping in his bed as the alarm clock switches to 6:05 a.m.*

One Eyeball Monster: Hey, good morning, Monstropolis. It's now five after the hour of 6:00 a.m. in the big monster city. Temperature's a balmy 65 degrees, which is good news for you reptiles, and it looks like it's gonna be a perfect day to maybe, hey, just lie in bed, sleep in, or simply... (gets annoyed) Work out that flab that's hanging over the bed!! Get up, Sulley! (uses an air horn, waking up Sulley)

Sulley: AHHHHH!

*In the living room, Sulley drops to the floor for push-ups. Mike stands in front of him barking orders like a coach*

Sulley: I don't believe I ordered a wake-up call, Mikey.

Mike: Hey, less talk, more pain, Marshmallow boy! Feel the burn!

*between each push-up, Sulley springs into the air, striking a fearsome pose and roaring*

Mike: You call yourself a monster?

*Sulley roars louder. Later, Sulley jogs in place*

Mike: Scary feet, scary feet, scary feet-- The kid's awake!

*Sulley drops to the ground and lies motionless, then jogs again*

Mike: Okay, scary feet, scary feet, scary feet... Kid's asleep!

*Sulley roars*

Mike: Twins! In a bunk bed!

*Sulley goes up and down, roaring on two levels*

Mike: Oooh, I thought I had you there.

*Later, Mike holds a broom with a crude drawing of a child's face taped to the end*

Mike: Okay Sulley, here we go. Ready? Follow!

*Mike swings the broom, Sulley lunges after it*

Mike: It's over here! It's over there! Don't let the kid touch you! Don't let it touch you!

*Sulley growls at the paper kid while dodging it. Later, like a quarterback rushing a tackle dummy, Sulley strains to push a pile of heavy furniture across the living room. Mike stands atop the pile encouraging him*

Mike: (singing like a Drill Sergeant) I don't know but it's been said, I love scaring kids in bed!

*later in the bathroom, Sulley brushes his teeth, while Mike stands on his arm*

Mike: Come on, fight that plaque! Fight that plaque! Scary monsters don't have plaque!

*later in the living room, Sulley hangs upside-down from a beam, doing some "gravity" sit-ups*

Mike: one-eighteen... Do you have one-nineteen... Do I see one-twenty... Whoa! I don't believe it!

Sulley: I'm not even breaking a sweat!

Mike: Not you! Look! The new commercial's on!

*Mike runs to the TV, Sulley slips and falls. On the TV, a bank of lights illuminate and flare brightly*

Announcer: *Voice Only* The future is bright at Monsters Incorporated!

*Mike and Sulley scramble into their chairs to watch the commercial

Mike: I'm in this one! I'm in this one!

*on the TV, beautiful shots of monsters happily living their lives*

TV: We power your car! We warm your home. We light your city.

*Betty turns to the camera*

Betty: I'm Monsters Incorporated!

*Sulley watches from his easy chair*

Sulley: (points to the screen) Hey look, Betty!

*on the TV, a bored child watches as various monsters cycle past. We settle on Claws which causes the child to scream*

TV: Carefully matching every child to their ideal monster, to produce superior scream, refined into clean, dependable energy. Every time you turn something on, Monsters Incorporated is there.

Jerry: I'm Monsters Incorporated!

*on the TV, a child vacantly staring at a television set. Machine gun fire, explosions, etc. are heard emerging from the set. Text appears on the screen: "Simulation-Not Actual Child"*

TV: We know the challenge. The window of innocence is shrinking. Human kids are harder to scare.

*on the TV, Henry J. Waternoose, a large crab-like monster, turns to face the camera*

Mr Waternoose: Of course, MI is prepared for the future. With the top scarers...

*on the screen, Sulley stands next to a door standing on a factory work floor. He leans next to a door and roars. The kid inside screams. Mike watches his buddy on TV and leaps to his feet*

Mike: Woo hoo-hoo! Ha ha ha!

Mr Waternoose: ...The best refineries... And research into new energy techniques.

*on the TV, a monster with virtual reality glasses roars, causing a computer child on a monitor behind him to scream. Mike scoots to the edge of his seat in anticipation*

Mike: Okay, here I come!

*on the TV, Mike and Sulley stand in front of a crowd of MI workers. As they turn to the camera, the Monsters, Inc. logo appears over Mike, blocking him entirely*

Sulley: We're working for a better tomorrow... Today!

*Mike stares at the TV, shocked*

Monsters: We're Monsters Incorporated!

Mr Waternoose: We're MI, Monsters Incorporated. We scare because we care.

*Sulley turns off the TV*

Mike: I can't believe it...

Sulley: Oh, Mike...

Mike: I was on T.V.! Did you see me? I'm a natural!

*As the phone rings, Mike grabs the receiver*

Mike: Hello? I know! Wasn't I great?! Did the whole family see it? (to Sulley) It's your mom. (to phone) Ha-ha! What can I say? The camera loves me!

Chapter 2 Ended.