Chapter 3

*outside of Monstropolis, at morning, the sun rises over Monstropolis, an industry town much like Pittsburg. Its ancient history is seen in the architecture. Frank, a newspaper delivery monster tosses a paper on the stoop of Mike and Sulley's apartment building. Mike and Sulley walk out the door, with lunch boxes in their hands*

Mike: I'm telling you big daddy, you're going to be seeing this face on T.V. a lot more often.

Sulley: Yeah? Like on "Monstropolis' Most Wanted?"

Mike: Ha, ha, ha, ha. You've been jealous my good looks since the fourth grade, pal.

*they walk by a tiny monster couple*

Tiny Wife: Have a good day, sweetie.

Tiny Husband: You too, hon.

*the tiny monster husband flies away. Later at the curbside, Mike approaches a shiny new convertible and holds up a set of keys*

Mike: Whoo! Okay, Sulley, hop on in.

Sulley: Nope. Uh-uh.

*Sulley grabs Mike's arm and drags him away*

Mike: Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, where are you going?! What are you doing?!

Sulley: Mikey, there's a scream shortage. We're walking.

Mike: Walking?!

Sulley: Yup!

Mike: (being dragged away) No, no, no, no! My baby! Look! She needs to be driven! (to car) I'll call you!

*later at the Monstropolis street, the camera closes on a newspaper stand with headline: "ROLLING BLACKOUTS EXPECTED." Mike and Sulley walk past*

Mike: Hey genius, you want to know why I bought the car?

Sulley: Not really.

Mike: To drive it! You know, like on the street? With the honk-honk, and the vroom-vroom, and no walking involved?!

Sulley: Give it a rest, will ya, butterball? Come on, you could use the exercise.

Mike: I could use the exercise?! Look at you! You have your own climate!

*later, the monster kids jump rope as Mike and Sulley pass*

Monster Kids: (chanting) How many tentacles can jump the rope? One and two and three and four...

*the rope is actually one of the kid's tongues*

Monster Kid #1: Morning, Mike! Morning, Sulley!

Sulley: Hey, morning kids. How're you doing?

Mike: Hey, kids!

Monster Kid #2: (turning her head) Bye, Mike! Bye, Thulley!

*the jumping monster kid gets tangled in the tongue rope and lies into a giant eye monster watching from a window*

Monster Eye: Ow! Hey!

*later at the Monstropolis storefront, a garbage monster sweeps garbage off the sidewalk into a dustpan. He happily tosses the contents into his mouth. A monster reading a newspaper sneezes, and fires shoots from his mouth and nose, incinerating his newspaper*

Monster: Aw, nuts!

*Later at the Monstropolis grossery store, Tony the Grosser arranges fruit on a stand with his many tentacles*

Tony: Hey, fellas!

Sulley and Mike: (Italian accent) Hey Tony! Hey, hey, hey!

Sulley: Tony! Bada bing!

Tony: I hear somebody's close to breaking the all-time scare record!

Sulley: Aw, just trying to make sure there's enough scream to go around.

*Tony tosses Mike and Sulley two pieces of fruit*

Tony: Hey! On the house.

Mike: Thanks!

Sulley: Grazie!

Mike: Bada bing!

*Mike and Sulley pass Blobby who suddenly oozes through a grate and into the sewer below, leaving only eyes and teeth atop the grate*

Blobby: Oh great.

*later at the Monstropolis cross-walk, Mike and Sulley wait to cross next to a giant monster, Ted. Because of his height, we only see Ted's massive legs*

Sulley: (yelling up to Ted) Hey, Ted! Good morning!

*Ted answers. The traffic sign changes from "DON'T STALK" to "STALK". Mike, Sulley and Ted cross*

Sulley: See that Mikey? Ted's walking to work.

Mike: Big deal! Guy takes five steps and he's there!

*the camera pans to the billboard advertising Monsters, Inc.*

Chapter 3 Ended.