Chapter 3: Slight Jealousy🥴

Serene's P. O. V.

"Are you almost done in there Jay?" I ask Jericho through the bathroom door.

"Yeah, let me just lay my edges and then I'll be out." I singsong a little too loudly for my head. Gosh how much did I drink last night?

I decide not to hog his bathroom any longer so I open the door and burst out with a question, "Do you have a t-shirt and a pair of shorts I can borrow?"

"Huh?" Jericho blushed.

"A T-shirt and some shorts, man. C'mon we have an hour and thirty minutes to be there for my clients."

He gets up and walks over to his closets then comes back and throws me a Purple Rain T-shirt with some shorts all while mumbling something that sounded like here you go, ducking his head into the bathroom.

I don't pay him any mind. I threw on the clothes he gave me and went to the kitchen and made breakfast. In less than fifteen minutes he was out and pulling a T-shirt over his head. Mm mm mm, what a body.

"What'd you make us for breakfast?" He asked, pulling out a bar stool.

"Some fruit yogurt and sausage, egg white biscuit."

"Tastes good Rainbow."

"Thanks. I googled what I needed to do to help get over this hangover and good breakfast and google says that it's one of the things to help."

"Great. What I was gonna do is make us some cucumber infused water for hydration."

"And not feed me? Good thing I got up and made us something to eat."

"True." He replied bashfully. I shake my head. What a shy boy. I walk into his room, get my dress, shoes and slide on my furry slides.

"Aight now hurry up so we can get to my studio on time to set up."

"Now you're rushing me?"

"Yup, get your stuff, meet me at my car please." I walk out of his apartment and to the elevator straight to my car. Not too long I see Jay's long curly mane pop through the elevator doors.

I honk the horn twice signaling for him to hurry up. He flips me the bird and I return the gesture. He gets in the car and says, "Don't ever honk that horn at me again."

"Don't ever rush me out of the bathroom again." I say in response.

He gets in and pulls out of the parking garage. I glance over at Jericho with a slight smile. He rolled his eyes and shoves me, but smiled back nonetheless. This is what I love about him, he never stays mad at me long. He's a genuinely sweet guy... when he's not being a butt. Then again it's rare when he's an butt so his kindness makes up for it.

"How long is your maternity shoot gonna last?" Jericho asked as he pushed up his glasses, stopping at a red light.

"Mmm...she paid me for four hours so that and possibly more if she asks." I responded as he pulled up to my studio.

"You wanna come with me to see my DeShaun and his family? They just got back in town." His phone dings and he smiles responding to the text.

"I'll go with you. I haven't seen them since Christmas two years ago."

"Good because my niece and nephew are wanting to see you."

"Delilah and Davion must be three and four years old now, right?"

"Yes and as bad as ever!" Jericho exaggerates.

"Don't talk about those sweet babies like that."