Damaging Yours Truly

Timing is everything.

Even if one second passed away, something or someone would be lost forever.

They raced down the hall, and Reiz watched Lucius ahead of her.

Sprinting to the surgery room and the two of the frantic nurses began to form around him. One reciting the things that had occurred and the other getting him into his coveralls, placing his mask over his mouth and hair while he tucked in the pale blue gloves over his hand.

The door swished open and they all disappeared behind it.

Decidedly, she moves to the cafeteria to get herself some coffee and maybe a few biscuits. When she meets the dark haired Darren, her smile is instant.

He noticed her almost immediately and jogs in her direction. "Hey stranger-danger. Why are you here? Another injury?"

His wide smile reveals those pearly teeth and she shakes her head. "No. I was- uh-"

Oh hell, what should she say? Obviously, she couldn't retell what happened back in the library.

If she told him she came with Lucius, Darren would obviously doubt and think something was going on between them.

And that would lead straight to Hannah's ears. A waiting wrath to be bombard. Something Reiz wasn't ready for.

"I came here to check up on you."

His brow arched.

The she quickly added. "For Hannah."

It just came on top of her head. Now, the damage was done.

Instantly, his smile curled into a naughty one.
"She sent you all the way here to check up on me?"

It was a rhetorical mark which he made it sound so disbelieving but Reiz had no choice but to bob her head up and down, sticking to her lie. "Yeah."

"Well then, it's only fair to check up on Hannah in return."

Reiz let out a wry smile. Damage be damned. Hannah was going to kiss her welcome for this.

"How about if I drop you off home and maybe- I don't know- get a sneak in? Would that be cool?"

She nodded again, just going with the flow. "Yes. Very cool."

"Alright then. Do you mind waiting for a while? I'll just have some paper work to sort out. Soon as I'm done, I'll take you home."

With a pat on her shoulder, he twirled and left.

What has she done? Her mind was so slow and fucked up that she created another whirlpool of a mess.

Nevertheless, it didn't matter anymore.
Lucius was busy now and she didn't want to fall the task on him for returning her home.

She returned to the same door where Lucius had disappeared into and sat down on the plastic chairs that were sealed to the wall, after she drank her coffee and threw the paper cup into the recycling bin.

Then, she looked around. The clinical and sanitizery stench folded into the hall. Few of the nurses stared at her in a peculiar sort of way.

She looked down, just in case her outfit wasn't righted. No, it was fine. Then what were they-

"They are looking at you because you came in with that doctor." A familiar croaking voice came from behind her.

Reiz turned and glanced up and saw Martha, the old librarian. "What are you doing here?"