Chapter 2

AELIN

"FENNN!!" she cried. 

"GALATHYNIUS!" he replied as he ran over to her and lifted her into a bear hug of sorts.

"You literally saw each other like, what -2 days ago? You act like this is the first time you've seen each other since world war 2 " said Lorcan.

"Yeah but you see Lorcan, when people are like really close friends they really like seeing each other. You would know if you had close friends- or... friends at all," Aelin retorted. 

"Go to hell. And just so you know I live with 5 other boys so i do have friends," Lorcan replied 

Aelin didn't say anything. She just put her phone back on the tripod and started her tiktok with Fenrys.

"Why you so obsessed with me?" she sang.

When the song finished and Aelin went to retrieve her phone, she said "Oh and just so you

know, just because the other guys live with you doesn't mean they're your friends."

Lorcan did nothing except flip her off.

"Oh no Lorcan it's okay you'll find someone ... " then she paused for dramatic effect before she said "... eventually."

"Very funny Galathynius" was all he said before stalking off to talk to Dorian.

ROWAN

He didn't know what to do. With his hands, with his mouth, with his body. This Aelin Galathynius was basically a fireball. He watched as she and Lorcan bounced insults of each other. 

Then, she looked at him.

She pointed at him as her brows formed a V.

ohgodsohgodsohgods. She was looking at him.

"Rowan Whitewind? No, that's not right.." she said as the crease in between her brows.

"UH- its Whitethorn. Rowan Whitethorn. Whitethorn Rowan. Rowan..." he stuttered awkwardly.

Gods what was wrong with him, he was always confident with ladies. He even had practice with blushing fans. Now here he was basically turning into a puddle before Aelin Galathynius even though she'd barely said 2 sentences.

"Whitethorn Rowan Whitethorn Whitethorn Rowan Rowan?" she asked incredulously, repeating the string of names he gave her. "What a long name you have," she mused.

"Uh no its actually just Rowan Whitethorn," he said shyly. 

Get yourself together Whitethorn what is wrong with you you are never shy.

"PFT I knew that i was just messing with you, "she said with a smirk. "You actually didn't know that  i was joking."

"Uh no- i couldn't really nuh uh," he blubbered.

"Wow you're thick. But uh okay okay cool."

They just stood there for a while.

Aelin broke the silence by saying " Hand me your phone."

"W-what why?"

"I'm giving you my number silly"

"Oh yeah okay that makes sense"

He handed her phone already open to contacts.

She handed it back with her number on it with the ID of  " The One And Only Aelin" with a few heart eye and flame emojis.

Ohmgods i have her number, he thought. 

Nope, no better than that crazy kid who kept on driving past the sway house in an attempt to get their phone numbers

Aelin Galathynius was going to be the death of him.