Chapter 23

William was eagerly waiting for Elizabeth to show up. He had prepared for a simple yet intimate dinner by the poolside and spent quite a while to give the venue a romantic vibe. He had also called Jane to ask for her help and arranged for her favorite food items.

He could feel his palms getting sweaty, as he stood in the main hall, dressed in a plain grey t-shirt and jeans. He had decided to remain barefooted, wearing shoes felt quite constricting at the moment. He wondered what Elizabeth would think about his views towards covering his feet whenever he was nervous. Would she find it weird or cute ?

It was past ten and two hours after William had finally given up on his dinner plans, when Elizabeth finally arrived sloshed to the bone and barely conscious.

William was disappointed and even hurt, he wallowed in his misery for being having stood up, but when he discovered Elizabeth swaying on her feet, his sadness had immediately turned into worry.

From what he knew of Elizabeth from Jane, Elizabeth was not a drinker until  she had either been too happy to be celebrating to give up on her inhibitions or too bothered to want a distraction. There wasn't anything which she could have celebrated in the moment, so that only left one conclusion.

He rushed to the brunette, grabbing her in his arms, right in time as she almost tripped on the carpet laid down. The brunette barely acknowledged what had happened and merely continued to giggle and sway.

It had hurt William to see her this way. He had handled her drunk before, but in those moments she had been happy and had been celebrating her achievements with her sister, but in this particular moment, it was quite clear that she had been bothered by something gravely.

Not wasting another moment, he scooped her in his arms and began to make his way towards her room. This caught the brunette's attention and she wraps her arms around his neck, suddenly going quiet and staring straight up at him.

William doesn't press the matter and helping Lizzie into bed, slowly backs out of the room. He waits for a while outside her bedroom and sensing no movement on her part goes back inside his room.

*

Lizzie wakes up fairly early in the morning with a pounding head and parched throat. She quickly jumps into the shower, to get rid of the gunk on her face and the stench of alchohol that seemed to have been seeped into her skin. Once, clean and fresh she moves to the kitchen searching for breakfast.

Anita had yet to come, as she had been given an off by William, so that the two could enjoy some privacy, even though it had failed.  Wandering to the kitchen, Lizzie opens up the fridge to grab herself some eggs to come across dishes filled with her favorite food items, and things come rushing back to her.

She remembers the promise she made with William with regards to having dinner with him, the conversation with Anna, her childish insecurity and her being carried to her room. Not having an appetite anymore, she grabs a glass of water and gets to making a cup of coffee for herself.

With the mug of warm, brown liquid in her hand, she Elizabeth moves outside the kitchen, her hands itching to open the fridge and guilt taking over her again. Shaking her head she moves outside near the pool deck, only to be consumed by guilt and embarrassment all over again as the remnants of the preparations of last night's dinner come in front of her.

She almost smacks herself but also wonders, if it means that William had indeed wanted to advance romantically with her again and not moved on yet. However, the way she stood him up it won't come as a surprise if he had finally given up on her.

"William, my dearest brother, where are you?" a female voice snatches her away from her thought process, as she comes to face to face with a young blonde with beautiful eyes, similar to that of William's.

The girl also notices her and her mouth comes to form an 'o' shape as she blatantly looks her up and down.

"You must be Elizabeth!" the girl exclaims and jumps and embraces the brunette into a tight hug.

"I'm so happy to meet you, I've heard so much about you from William and Jane. I finally get to meet you now." Elizabeth was confused because she had never met the girl before, nor heard about her, and by the looks of it she was somewhere around seventeen to eighteen years old.

"Georgina!!" Air finally returns to Elizabeth's lungs as the girl finally releases her from her arms and turns towards William, running up to him and embracing him in a hug.

Lizzie was surprised to see the openness in William's behavior. It was something like she had never seemed before, the man's eyes seemed to have been shining and his smile was so wide, that she thought that it would split his face into half.

"Dear big brother, How have you been? Well, you don't need to answer, I can assume the awesomeness of your situation." Georgina giggle and exclaimed as she hugged William.

"You're back early." William said as a matter-of-fact however, he seemed to be relieved by that fact.

"Well, you know me. I can't stay away from my brother for too long." The siblings had created some sort of a bubble around themselves, and Elizabeth couldn't help but feel left out. Thankfully, Georgina noticed her and all of them moved in for breakfast.

Georgina was a chirpy extrovert, the complete opposite of her brother yet the two siblings were seemed to share a close bond, which brought a smile to her face.

It was amusing to watch William to be treated like a petulant child by his little sister but it also left her wishing to have the same level of comfort with the man. Time passed by and Elizabeth was left with a lot of questions and thoughts clouding her mind.

Where had she gone wrong?

Could she have been so oblivious and judgemental towards a person?

But what about Williams claims ? Surely the guy was an asshole but there  must be some truth to what he said?

HEY, GUYS WONDER WHAT HAPPENS NEXT ?

WE ARE SUPER CLOSE TO THE END NOW.

I HAVE TO SOLVE A FEW MORE KINKS OUT IN THE STORY BUT KEEP READING TO KNOW MORE.

LIKE AND LEAVE A COMMENT.

XOXO

Raven Queen