Trick

Prayas stood in front of Adhir and studied him for a while. It was difficult for him to believe that Adhir was standing before him.

Adhir had left the house shortly after Reason had left. He hid in the forest, afraid Reason might have told other people about him. He couldn't hide from the Queen's guard.

Without saying anything Prayas punched him in the face. Adhir's mouth started to bleed. Prayas punched him again while Adhir looked down at Prayas's feet.

"I can understand why you did what you did to me but her," he yelled showing towards Sati.

"She was about to get married to you. She loved you," he hissed.

Adhir looked at Prayas's face and slowly towards Sati.

"She fucking loved you." Prayas caught his shirt. Adhir shook his head and Prayas waited for him to speak.

"Why?" Prayas asked.

When Adhir didn't say anything Prayas pushed him and he nearly fell to the ground. Prayas turned to look at the Queens.

"My Queens," he bowed a little. "I request you to give him the punishment he will never forget. Not only in this life but in his other life,"

Adhir looked at Queens in panic and then at Prayas.

"Please, forgive me. It was a misunderstanding." Adhir almost begged but Prayas didn't bother to look at him.

Sati slowly took her step towards Adhir and just stared at him while Adhir looked down.

"Yo..u..... You destroyed us.... everything." her voice was low but filled with anger and hurt.

"Why?" She asked and he slowly looked at her. "We were about to get married and...." she stopped shaking her head, looking down.

"You must be thankful that you didn't get married to the person you had no feelings for. Whom you never loved," Adhir finally said.

Prayas turned to look at him and Sati looked up at Adhir.

"She never loved me," he looked at Prayas.

"So you played games with her because of that?" Prayas questioned ready to punch him. Adhir shook his head.

"I never had feelings for her......" Adhir paused. "After I found out that you were the one who killed my brother. I went straight to your house to kill you but when I saw you in front of the mirror practising how to propose Sati, an idea came up in my mind." Adhir sighed.

"Idea?" Prayas questioned.

"At the party, I proposed to her before you could. I knew how much you loved her even though you never told anyone. Seeing you in your house practising confirmed everything. Looking at how she would smile and look at you I knew she loved you too. At the party, I saw her tensed, and somewhere I was afraid she would say no to me but for that, I had other plans too. If she had said no, I would have asked her father for her hand and I knew he wouldn't say no to....a wolf,"

Prayas's hand turned into a fist and tears formed in Sati's eyes.

"Thankfully, she said yes. I was quite shocked when she accepted my proposal. I knew both of you didn't know anything about wolves and...." he shrugged. "I did what I wanted to do. Never knew I was wrong about it."

Sati closed her eyes, calming herself. She looked at the person she thought was her friend and with whom she was about to get married.

"She loved me?" Prayas asked himself.

Sati shook her head and ran outside. All of them looked at the leaving figure.

"I am sorry," Adhir whispered not looking at Prayas. Ignoring him Prayas followed Sati.