Part 5

The next thing you remember is feeling a puff of air near your ear. You try to sit up, but there's something pinning you to where you are.

You take a deep breath and open your eyes. You're greeted with the sight of your sheets and a shoulder.

Oh.

You'd fallen asleep on top of Reid. He had wrapped both of his arms around you as you were pressed chest to chest. Judging by the light of the room, it was either a rainy day or early in the morning still. Whenever you drank, your sleep cycle always suffered and you woke up extra early. You doubted Reid would be getting up on his own anytime soon. You decided to lie there and enjoy the feeling of being held for a while. There was no way you could get out of his arms while you were held without waking him up, and you didn't want to interrupt his sleep.

At some point you drifted off again, the rise and fall of his chest against yours making you feel more relaxed than you'd been in a long time.

The next time you wake up, Reid has one arm propping himself up and the other shaking your shoulder.

"Morning." He smiles.

You flash him an unamused look. You weren't horribly hungover, but you certainly weren't feeling like a morning person.

When you stayed put, he put his hand on your hip and started to get up, moving you off of him and lowering you to the bed. That part was worth waking up for. He had such a slight frame, but you could feel some of his strength in the way he supported your weight. You felt him leave the bed and he pulled the duvet back over you. You could have sworn you felt him run a hand over your hair.

You wake up for good when you hear clanging sounds from your kitchen. You don't bother getting dressed and shuffle out to see Reid, in his boxers, making scrambled eggs.

You slump down at the breakfast bar and he is nice enough to pour you some orange juice.

"How're you feeling?" you ask.

"Feeling like I should have drank more water last night."

"It's my fault for letting us mix liquor and wine." One horrible night in college and you thought you'd learned that lesson forever.

He laughs and tells you he didn't mind the minor hangover.

"That's the most fun I've had on a night out." He tells you while you eat.

Sure, you'd been with the team for part of the night, but it had started and ended with you. And now he's telling you it was the best night out he'd had. You wish you had a cooler response than what you did.

"We should do it again sometime." You smiled, affectionately bumping your foot against his under the counter.

You clean up the kitchen together and he asks about your plans for the weekend. You've already decided to deep clean your apartment and run errands. Ah the joys of being an adult. He tells you he doesn't have anything that can't be moved, and proposes the two of you watch a movie that evening and you agree.

You shoot JJ a text, asking how she was feeling after going out for the first time in so long. She texts you back as you're heading down to your car, telling you she woke up this morning to the sound of Will puking. Unfortunately, he wasn't hungover. He'd picked up some kind of stomach bug, so she'd spent her day so far nursing her hangover, her husband, and her baby.

You knew JJ had family nearby, but she was never one to ask for help. You hit the call button on your cell.

"Hello?" You can hear how tired she sounds.

"Hey, Jayge. Sorry you guys aren't feeling well. Listen- I know for a fact Reid has a wide open schedule today. Why don't I pick up Henry and Reid and I will watch him overnight?" You could have left Reid out of the whole discussion, but you thought JJ would be more likely to agree if she knew Henry's godfather was involved. This would be her first night away from the baby, after all. Besides, when you cancelled on Reid, you knew he'd just insist on seeing Henry anyway.

She protests weakly that she doesn't want you to lose out on your weekend, but when you promise there's nothing you'd rather do, she gives in. You run to the grocery store before you drive to JJ's house. She helps fit the car seat into your backseat, along with the pack-and-play and the overnight bag she packed for the baby. You'd babysat plenty of times in your life, but you still listen attentively to her instructions, mostly just to make her feel better. If you'd planned better, you would have brought Reid so that he could have assured JJ that he had all her detailed instructions memorized.

She brings out the two month old and you are shocked by how tiny he still is. He's old enough to start looking more like a human and less like a blob of human flesh. He can even open his eyes now and try to track things. You chat for a bit about his development and she gushes about his first smile earlier that week. A hug goodbye and you're in the car with little Henry.