Part 10

He pulls you off your feet and into a hug. You can feel a blush over your face when he sets you down and you pull back to look at him. He doesn't take his hands off your waist, just gently keeps them there. The smile on his face is the brightest you've ever seen. You move your hands from his shoulders to wrap around his neck.

He pulls you close and kisses you. Not exactly how you thought this conversation would go, but it feels right.

You lean into it and he backs the both of you into his apartment. You've been here plenty, but the layout always seemed to change. Spencer always remembered where everything was, so he never bothered much with what went where. As long as it was clean and there was a path cleared to each room, he was happy with it. You let him lead you from the door to his bedroom, a path that was defined by stacks of books on both sides. The kiss finally ended when he broke it, only to pick you up and deposit you on the bed.

You seize the opportunity and pull your shirt over your head while he climbs onto the bed. You put your hands on his shoulders and lean him back against the forest green duvet. The look of desire on his face makes your heart beat faster. You start to pull down his zipper.

That's when his hand grips yours. You'd never guessed he'd be a dominant type is bed, but you weren't complaining. You raise your eyebrows at him playfully.

"You're not ovulating."

It takes you a second to process that.

"How the fuck would you even know that?"

He can't help himself as his brain kicks in.

"Last July, you had a grocery list on your fridge on the 6th that had tampons on it. On August 4th, you had another that included pads. The notes only appeared on those days, so you must have run out then, towards the end of your period. This is consistent with a 29 day cycle."

You climb off of his and flop down next to him on the bed.

He's clearly embarrassed. "Sorry. I wouldn't remember personal stuff like that if I had a choice." Being unable to forget your best friends menstrual cycle wasn't the worst thing about his memory. You're certain he's seen plenty in the BAU he doesn't want to remember.

"How do you know you're right? There's some assumption involved. And periods aren't always regular."

"You should have ended your last period on this past wednesday."

"Oh, fuck off." You laugh. "So you can tell me when I will be ovulating?"

"Technically, you'd have to take an ovulation test to know. Some women who struggle to conceive do."

"Gimme an estimation, pretty boy."

"Thursday through sunday."

You grin at him. "Assuming we aren't on a case, how's dinner on Friday?"

"Sounds good. But even if we are on a case, there's always the hotel...or the SUVs."

"No way. I am not having car sex like a teenager."

"Come on," he smirks. "Nobody would suspect anything if I was just driving you back to the hotel."

"You know damn well I'd be the one driving." you snort. You sit up and find your shirt.

"This might be your last weekend before you try for a baby." He comments. "Wanna have a last hurrah tonight?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"The nice bottle of champagne Morgan got me for christmas."

God, champagne with Reid sounded good.

"What time should I come back up here?"

"8?"

"You got it." Now fully clothed, you got off the bed and make your way to the front door. "Want me to bring anything?" you called back to him.

"Nope." He was watching you from the bedroom doorway.

You took the stairs one at a time down to your apartment. Thank god you didn't have a roommate to question why you were spending so much time getting ready. You weren't going over the top, but that evening you spent more time than normal making sure your hair fell just right and your makeup looked nice. You threw on dark jeans and a tank top that was technically more sexy than casual, but it's hardly your fault if you have nice cleavage.

You snag a bottle of white wine from your fridge and head up. The feeling in your chest is a little unusual. Your heart doesn't typically beat this fast when you go to see your best friend. A muffled yell comes from the other side that it's open, so you push the handle yourself.

He's standing behind his kitchen island, and his torso is covered in flour.

The sight makes you smile. "Whatcha doing?"

"Making dessert."

"I've got a man with a PhD in chemistry making me dessert. I've got high expectations."

"You'll want to lower them."

It's blueberry pie- not very traditional for the winter, but it'll pair well with the wines. You're completely sober when he pulls out those old school champagne glasses, but you still feel a little dizzy.

"These always make me think of the great gatsby." You remark as he pours.

"In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars." he says softly.

"Have you really got that book memorized, or are you just making that up?" you prompt.

"I promise you it's memory. I had to read it for English in tenth grade."

"Wasn't that twenty years ago?"

He blushes a bit, "I still read it."

Things started off tame, but before you knew it, it had been an hour and a half and you were three glasses deep. Reid had yet to touch his.

You were desperately trying to find your train of thought when Reid prompts you "Something about Garcia?"

And you're back in the game. "I'm not saying you should do it," you say. "I just wanna know- If you had to wear one of Garcia's outfits for a day, which would you pick?"

"To work? Or on an off day?"

"A Friday. Work then drinks."

"That seems unfair." He raises a brow at you.

"I asked you first."

"You didn't really- alright. And I can't mix any pieces? It has to be a set?"

You take another sip from your glass. "Yeah. Don't try anything funny, I don't have your memory but I have Garcia's cell number."

He laughs. "Alright- She's got this pink and black dress with a flower petal pattern, and she wore it with pink shoes and two little roses in her hair."

"Good choice. I bet she'd do your hair if you asked." you tease.

Your cell starts ringing. You pull yourself off the couch and grab it from the kitchen table.

"Hiya." You greet without looking at the contact.

Hotch's voice is as business-like as ever. "Conference room in thirty. We have a case."

a/n: there is a severe lack of Garcia outfit pics on the internet. The pink dress does exist and some promo pics were taken in it