Terror Times

I'm alive, and prepare for a huge jump in quality.
~Bri

Who was he? Who was she talking about...? Y/n bit her lip, staring up at the red head from her place on the ground. He was indeed terrifying, but what had urged her to say something about 'him'?

Y/n searched through her memories, nothing registering with her brain as she stood up, rubbing the back of her neck, her limbs sore from repeated use.

"Who are you talking about?" Sasuke barked, obviously back to his annoying self. Gaara looked at her with the same mild curiosity, but she could feel in her stomach that he didn't really want to know who she was talking about either.

"Nothing...no one." She turned her back to the two boys, ignoring Ino and Sakura talking, muttering stuff about Sasuke under their breath. Her eyes trailed to the sound ninja, laid in a heap at her feet. The female pooling blood and a male laid unconscious.

The one who was still awake was muttering under his breath as he tried to gather himself, body shaking as he chanted the same name over and over again, "Orochimaru...Orochimaru..." Y/n stepped back, not liking where this was going, before Naruto stepped up, walking in front of her and sticking his hand out to the other shinobi, who handed him their scroll.

Now her team had the scrolls they needed, but she wasn't entirely sure how she felt about this situation. She found herself turning toward Sasuke, who's hand was clamped over his bite mark on his neck, avoiding her gaze as if everything that had happened had been his fault. Her eyes trailed to Gaara, who stared at her, his eyes empty of emotion, and she couldn't blame him after what had just happened.

"Y/n..." Naruto murmured first, snapping her out of whatever trance she was keeping herself in. "You look terrible." As if he had cut the strings keeping her up, she stumbled back, falling onto her back as her legs buckled beneath her. "Y/n!"

Sasuke yelled, running over and kneeling next to her as her eyes fluttered, begging her to succumb to her sleepiness, and she yawned nonchalantly. "Hmm...I'm tired, good night guys." She mumbled, turning on her side and falling asleep, despite the shouts she received.

I've got to gather what I'm going to do next, but I felt like I owed you guys stuff after I read all of your comments, it's such a shame I can't like them.