A Plastic Sheet?

Seeing all the other pairs come and go out of that closet with happy smiles on their faces makes you want to try too. Some had a bit of drama, like that one girl who ran after that Grim Reaper that... Never seemed to come back. But nonetheless, almost all of them had found their own halves in that closet. You wonder if you'll find yours in there as well.

And as if by cue, Sebastian walked to you, holding a hat with things that were almost empty due to the numerous people who have already played. You two exchanged warm smiles and you put your hand in the head accessory.

"Sebastian! Hurry up! Let's go!" A woman shouted as she tried to yank Sebastian away from you. You realized that she was the woman he spent his seven minutes with before.

"Forgive me, Lady ________ but I'm afraid you might have to walk yourself to the closet once you pick." Sebastian said, his expression not changing but his tone was somewhat apologetic. He wasn't even budging even after all the effort the woman pulled. "I seem to be rather busy after I played my turn."

"Oh, totally understandable, Sebastian!" you replied, grinning as you pieced together what thought he might imply.

You wriggled around, hoping to find something that fits your liking. You felt something thin and sort of flaky. Like... Dried seaweed of some sort. You've been to the Orient before and you missed it dearly. You pulled it out, hoping to confirm your guess. Sebastian was swept away as soon as you got your chosen item out.

You were surprised as a sort of plastic-y sheet was the thing you were holding. Looking like some crumpled wax paper, you looked closer to notice that it had little curved indentations on it. You almost jumped at the thought as you finally realized what you were holding.

"Why was there snake-skin in there?!" Was the first thing that came out of your lips.

You placed the snake-skin down on a nearby countertop. It spooked you imagining if there was a real, live snake inside the hat and you were just lucky enough not get bitten by it while you were cluelessly feeling around through every single thing.

As soon as you said that, everyone who was left in the room seemed to look at one person who was isolated from everyone else. He looked down as the people eyed him. You felt sad just by the way people stared at him with their silent gaze. He didn't seem to stand up, so you walked to him instead, bearing that warm smile that has always been contagious to people all around you.

You stopped in front of him, his face still not seeing yours. You held out your hand to him, your intentions totally pure. That's the thing. You are pure. If you were a princess, you'd fit well in Disney. Things like these are ideal for you and such. And it felt like it was your job to spread happiness to other people who apparently don't have it.

He was surprised you even extended a hand towards him. You giggled at his shy attitude and knelt down to take a good look at what's hiding from you. To be honest, you let out a little gasp.

Are those scales on his face? HE HAS SCALES ON HIS FACE!

....

He has scales on his face...

That's kinda cool.

Mixed emotions ran through your mind. Fear and disgust were not one of them. He turned away from you but you just smiled, taking his cold hand and standing him up.

"Come! I picked you!" you giggled. You swear as you touched him, you saw something slither on the back of his neck. You shrugged it off and gently tugged him towards the closet.