Eps VI: Hansung Yu

"those of you who passed the test, make a line! the next test will be on a first come first serve basis!"

the test guide, who introduced herself as 'yellowy' announced. this test will be conducted one team after another and the rest will have to wait in the lobby. at least, that's what the guide said.

"how long do we have to wait exactly?"

"until it's our turn"

jin ae answered curtly as hyde groaned annoyed. from the looks of it, it's going to be a long wait. (y/n) was about to say something until a certain chestnut haired boy caught her attention.

bam was looking left and right the lobby, staring at everything he sees. he reminded her of a kid in a zoo or something. "what's so interesting?"

"huh? n-no, it's just– i've never been to such a bright place before"

(y/n) raised a brow at bam's reply. he had never been to a bright place? where did he come from then? the sewers???

"hey (y/n)?"

"yeah?"

"that blue thing, is that what you call 'the sky'?" bam asked, gazing outside the window in the lobby. (y/n) however, became more confused.

"yeah...? why are you asking about such obvious things? it's like you haven't seen the–"

"so it is the sky!!"

"wha–"

"i know that if you keep going up the sky, you'll get to see stars!!"

"what the– bam, stars are just legends. they're not real. the sky is made of shinshu and the bright thing at night is just a light ball"

this time, hyde answered him. bam's face turned from excitement to dissapointment as he uttered a small "oh... i see". (y/n), feeling a bit bad for him, smiled and patted his back.

"even though there aren't any stars in the tower, i heard there are stars in the outside world. so maybe, you'll get to see them someday"

bam smiled smally and nodded as a sign of gratitude. that is, before a blood curdling scream was heard from the test area, making bam jolt up and also making (y/n) place a hand on her dagger.

"what the hell...."

khun muttered, along with the other regulars who heard the scream. surprisingly, 'yellowy' was still smiling and simply welcomed the next team to enter, only making them more nervous.

a few teams went pass the door, leaving only one team left in front of khun's team. it's safe to say that almost everyone is nervous. 4 teams screamed while 3 of them didn't.

"hey pals. why the long faces?"

a voice greeted, as well as a hand on khun and bam's shoulder. they turned around to be greeted by someone, or something with a red head, and holes for eyes and a mouth.

"what do you want?" khun glared.

"don't glare at me like that! i'm here to give you a hint"

"REALLY?!" bam yelled loudly, startling (y/n) who was sitting beside him. she looked at bam and looked up to the man, who gave her a smile. although she thought it was suspicious.

"how would you know?" khun growled, slapping his hand off his shoulder.

"deduction. the teams that didn't scream, all passed the test in 4 or 5 minutes! while the teams that exceeded 5 minutes, all screamed"

"that's true...."

"see? and the room is completely blocked off, we can't hear anything but the screams."

"they are giving us a hint. with each scream, they're telling us that whatever test is in there, has to be finnished in 5 minutes"

(y/n), who was listening to them the whole time, turned to jin ae who just stared at her back and nodded.

"it makes sense. i can see why he thinks that way"

"looks like this lady here gets it"

the man grinned, jin ae only giving him a scowl. khun sighed in relief since the man won't bother him anymore but the way she scowled so bitterly scared him.

"don't be so full of yourself, airhead looking creep. you just want to use them to prove your hypothesis.

if they who heard your idea pass the test in 5 minutes, you'll use it as a clue. and if they fail, you'll just experiment on another team, am i wrong?"

the man showed a wide grin, before hearing another scream. khun glanced at the time and widen his eyes. it had only been 20 seconds but their team screamed nontheless. "next team please"

"see you on the other side?"

(y/n) smiled as bam nodded in response. it would be a shame if they didn't make it, but seeing how well they've progressed, (y/n) was quite confident that they'll pass.

"the test starts when you open the door beyond this one. good luck, regular"

'yellowy' instructed as she opened the first door. once they opened the second one, they were met by a huge clock and a blonde male dressed in traditional korean clothes.

"welcome, regulars. i am han sung yu, the administrator of your next test"

"shall we start the test?"