Chapter 6: Savoring Memories

--Coraline's POV--

"Oh, god... How long has he had this?"

"How do you know he even knew about it, let alone had it with him?"

"Because he's the one that threw it!"

Coraline paced back and forth, staring down at the doll. The Cat just watched her, flicking his tail. "I'd calm down if I were you." He told her calmly. "Calm down? How can you expect me to calm down? I just learned not only that the Other Mother is back, but that she has somehow gotten both me and Norman to her world, and we're BOTH TARGETS!" Coraline held the doll out to the Cat to prove her point. "And as if that wasn't enough, someone's helping her! Lucky us!" she slumped down on the bed in annoyance, glancing down at the doll again. "You aren't going to get anywhere by sulking." The Cat explained, jumping up next to her. Coraline stayed silent, thinking about it. The Cat waited to see if she'd say anything, then continued. "For all you know, he needs you right now." He told her. She gasped silently, looking over at him. "He went to find another exit. If the Other Mother is after us..." her eyes widened and she shot up, making the Cat tense slightly from the sudden action. "He might be in danger!" Coraline exclaimed. "Is that what you're saying?" She asked the Cat, turning to face him. "I said 'for all you know'. I never said that it was the exact truth. You thought of that on your own." He smirked, jumping off the bed.

"Well, I'm gonna go look for him. Just in case." Coraline explained, looking at the doll. "I'll warn him about the Other Mother..." she turned for the door, stopping when the Cat ran in front of her. "You do realize you're putting yourself in danger." He stated. "I have to help him. You can come with me, or I can go alone." She explained simply. The Cat stared at her for a moment, silent. She took a deep breath, then gently moved the Cat out of the way and kept going. "You have no idea where you're going." The Cat started walking next to her. "You're point being...?" She looked down at him, raising an eyebrow. "Can't have you getting lost." The Cat smiled and started walking ahead of her. "Follow me." Coraline obeyed without a word, hoping he knew what he was doing.

--Norman's POV--

Norman opened his eyes slowly, holding his head. "What in the world..." he moaned, trying to get up. His mind was completely blank, and he didn't like it. "Gotta figure this out..." He finally stood up, his legs shaking. He tried to take a few steps forward, stumbling. He turned around and started walking back, practicing. He did this for a minute or two, and eventually he seemed to get used to it. "That was easy." He smiled, turning back again so he could look around. He got a good look around the whole place quickly, thinking. "Let's see... How could I have gotten here?" he thought for a moment, then sighed. "Names... Names first..." he told himself. He searched his pockets to see if he could find a label or something that'd be able to help him.

"Ah, you're awake..." Norman froze and turned to see who spoke. A giant musty blue snake with a light green belly and purple eyes started slithering towards him, and to his surprise he wasn't scared at all. It seemed completely normal. The snake stopped, smiling. "You're confused, aren't you?" she asked. He hesitated, then nodded. "Poor thing..." she cooed in empathy. "Who are you?" Norman backed up a few steps wearily. "Oh, where are my manners? I am Stella." The snake smiled. "... And... Who am I?" Norman asked. Stella tried her best not to smirk. Her plan was working just as she hoped it would. "I'm afraid I don't know!" she lied, 'worried'. "Oh..." Norman looked down at his feet, disappointed. "Don't be sad, little one!" Stella lifted his head up with her tail. "I can help you..." "Really?" "Yes!" she hissed in response immediately. "Just as long as you trust me..." Norman thought about it for a second, uneasy. Before he could answer they both heard someone talking and turned their heads to the entrance, making Norman curious. "Are you sure he's here?" a familiar feminine voice echoed against the walls. Norman's thoughts turned to a girl with short blue hair and gentile brown eyes. She seemed familiar, but at the same time he had no idea who she was. Stella's eyes narrowed and she looked back down at Norman, who was daydreaming. "You stay here." She ordered. "I have to take care of a little pest problem..." she slithered away, and Norman thought of the girl again. "Blue hair and brown eyes..." he murmured, trying to remember who it was.