CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT: KIDNAPPED, 1461

SHE KNEW SHE BROKE EDWARD HEART, WHAT HE DOESN'T KNOW, SHE BROKE HER'S AS WELL. "Lady, Catherine," her eyes center on her handmaiden, Luciana. "What do you need?" She spat out, furiously. Luciana glints her eyes inclining forward to her. "Your life isn't over. You'll still have a lifetime of happiness."

"I needed to become a queen, it was my goal." She answers back. "It wasn't sufficient," Luciana conceded, honestly. Catherine cried much more. "I'm a stupid girl, with stupid dreams." She started to cry herself. "I thought, I may have done it, I can't do anything."

That's when Luciana leaned forward quickly taking her hands. "You don't realize how important you are? You're the most precious and beautiful girl I've seen. You're the rightful princess of England. You're the ultimate prize. I'm tired of seeing you going after people who don't realize how much you're worth." Catherine stared at her eyes, with some tears. "I'm only a girl." She spoke up, sniffling. Luciana smirked. "A woman who is destined to become Queen of England. It's your birthright. You'll be someday." Catherine quickly tries to clear her tears with her dress. "You so much more than those York Prince's. You don't need Edward or Thomas to get there. You need to know how to play this twisted game, Lady Catherine. You're the daughter of your mother, you're bound to become something so much greater than her. Unlike your, there is good in you, I could feel it." Catherine breathes out, gulping. She opens her arms hugging Luciana. After all, she is only fifteen years old, surrounded by people she never knew growing up, even the ones who she thought were friends have turned against her.

Later in the day, she spent her time walking in the garden, picking flowers. Edward approached her. "My king," she bowed down, she showed a smile.

"I sense your feeling well."

"I'm well," she responded, continuing walking down the aisle of flowers. Edward got a little closer to her, stopping her. She turned to face him his clear blue eyes and soft lips. Edward took her hand. "The world can be dark, Catherine and uncertain and cruel. The only thing that matters is that we face it together." Catherine couldn't believe what he said. She gasped, taking her hand away from him.

"You are my light," he smiled softly. Catherine smiled at the thought of it. Edward is hers, as well. "I see the future of us quite clearly. We would be happy, I would give you anything to spend my life, however long, by your side. I would see sons and daughters. Our boys would be true knights and kings one day. And our daughter's would-be ladies and queens one day, it's a future I wanted, I don't know anymore." She admitted. Ever since she met Edward he has been nothing but nice to her giving her gifts and lots of new clothes. Edward of York is surely one of the most interesting people she met, in her lifetime.

"I can't bear to think about a future without you, I need you," Edward responded kissing her hand, smoothly. Catherine's stomach felt weird; she turned away, refusing to acknowledge Edward. "I don't know, Edward. I come to love Thomas as it is. He taught me well and treated me with respect."