Through Highs & lows: Chapter 57

"What happened?" Colby asks, swaying the both of us, from left to right. "I can't tell you." I say with a shaky breath. "What do you mean?" He asks. "I mean exactly that." I mumble into his chest. "Okay. Then what can I do to help?" He asks. I sniff and wipe my tears. Then I look up at him as, he continues to hold me. "You are helping." I say. The sweetest smile appears on his face and he squeezes me even closer against him. I lightly laugh, while hugging him back. "I love you." He says, placing his chin on my head. "I love you too." I say, before pulling away. "Hey Cole?" I say, walking to my bed and sitting down, on the edge of it. "Yeah?" He asks, sitting next to me. "Do you think someone could still love their significant other after cheating on them?" I ask. He looks at me concerned. "No. No. No. I didn't cheat. I was just wondering. I was watching a movie and I couldn't get over the ending." I say. "Oh okay." He says in a relieved tone. "So...?" I ask. "Well it depends." He answers. "On what?" I ask. "Multiple things. How long? If their still doing it? If they've cheated on the person before?" He asks. "Um... Okay what if I said, for around a month. I don't think they've cheated before. And it didn't say in the movie if he's still cheating." I answer. "So they're still together in the movie?" Colby asks. "Well kind of." I answer. "What do you mean kind of?" He asks. I think about, how I can answer it as if it were a movie, without letting him on to what's really going on. "Well she promised her best friend she would tell him that she knew he is cheating or was cheating, but she said she'd do it in a few days. Then she goes back home and she kinda just acts like everything's normal for now. I don't know if it was just me, but I could tell something was kind of off though. Maybe her facial expression or the way she acted. Anyways the movie ends on a cliff hanger and it ends before we get an answer." I say. "What kind of weird ass movie are you watching? Why would it just end?" He laughs. "I don't know. That's not the point though. Do you think he loves her." I say, with a little fake laugh. "Well if it has been a month like you said... I think he could still love her. I think that if you truly love someone you'd feel a guilt, but that love doesn't go away. However, just because he loves her, doesn't mean he deserves her. If he truly loves her, it'll still be up to her to make the decision." Colby says. I think about his answer, and honestly I agree with him. "So what would you do if you were her?" I say. "Well I'm not her, so I don't know." He laughs. "Well I mean obviously." I lightly laugh. "I'm just saying if you were though." I say. "Okay fine. I guess... If I were this character then I would... Well I don't know." He laughs. "Colby seriously. If you had to chose." I lightly push him. "Why does it matter? It's not me. It's not you or anyone you know. I know you don't care about movies this much. Why are you asking me?" He says, with a small laugh. "It is a movie. I just can't get it out of my head. So I want to know what you think. So are you gonna tell me?" I say. "Fine. Name the main character." He says. "Liana." I answer, saying the first name that comes to my mind. "Liana?" He repeats, with suspicion. "Yeah. You can search the movie later. But I just want an answer." I say. "Fine. Let's search it right now. What was it called again?" He asks. "Colby." I say, crossing my arms. "Fine." He laughs. "Your not funny." I say, kind of annoyed. "And your a bad liar." He says. "You know what. I'm tired of you. I'm going to bed." I say getting up and crawling under my bed sheets. "Oh come on I'm just messing with you. Even though I really don't know why you care so much." He says, getting in bed next to me. He moves a piece of hair from my face and smiles. "I just do." I say, turning and facing my back toward him. "Fine. Honestly I would tell him first. Depending on his reaction or whether or not he's actually changed, then I would leave him." Colby says. "There are you happy now?" He laughs, while wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me. "Yeah." I whisper, before snuggling into him.