Chapter 10

"Violet," he breathed, "Don't hide from me."

"What do you mean? I'm right here."

"I mean who you really are."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Who I really am?

"Come on, Leo. Stand up." I reached under his arm, pulling him to stand. He groaned in pain, leaning against me as we walked.

"Who did this to you?" I asked, supporting him with my shoulder. Leo didn't answer, breathing heavily against me as we walked.
-
Once we appeared back to the house, I kicked the door closed, stumbling in with Leo at my side.

Johnathan looked over from the kitchen, his mouth full of cereal, "Holy shit." He choked walking over, "What happened to you?" He asked Leo, leaning down towards his face. He touched Leos new forming bruise and Leo pushed his hand away.

"Johnathan, ice please." I motioned towards the kitchen, leading Leo to the couch. Johnathan nodded, skipping over towards the refridgeration as I dropped Leos arm and he fell into the couch, while he groaned in pain.

"Sorry." I mumbled. I lifted up his feet onto the couch and squeezed a pillow under his head.

Johnathan came back with an ice pack and I hesitated. Its wet. I gulped, looking down at the water droplets crawl across the surface. Leo looked up, grabbing the ice pack and placing it on his stomach. I sighed inaudibly, running my hand through my hair in relief.

"No but seriously what happened to you." Johnathan asked, leaning over the couch.

"Nothing. Just got into a fight." Leo mumbled, pressing the ice pack visibly.

I gulped, looking down at him with worried eyes.

"A fight?!" Johnathan seemed more excited than worried as he jumped over the couch where Leo was, "You sure got your ass kicked, huh?" He pressed his finger onto Leos bruise.

Leo threw the ice pack back at Johnathan and it hit him in the stomach, he groaned, half laughing, "I guess I deserved that."

"Are you going to be fine? We don't need to go to a hospital right?" I asked, clearly worried. Johnathan gave the ice pack back.

"I'm fine, Violet. No hospital." Leo looked over.

My eyes scanned his face at his bruise. It looked pretty bad. I couldn't help but feel anxious as Leo sighed, moving to stand up.

I raised my eyebrows, stopping him, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to bed. I'm tired and in pain." Leo moved my hand as he stood up fully. He walked over with the ice pack on his stomach towards the hallway and I followed after him.

"Seriously, who did this to you?" I asked, trailing behind him.

"Let it go, Violet." Leo mumbled, waving me off. Leo entered his room and I stayed outside the doorframe.

"It was those guys right? The ones that tried to beat you up before." I tried. Leo froze for a couple of seconds, before turning towards me at the doorway.

"Why? Are you going to beat them up?" He raised an eyebrow.

I paused, tilting my head. Honestly yeah.

He smiled, reaching up and patting my head, "Let it go. I'm fine." Leo whispered in front of my face. I shrunk under his gaze, looking up at him with doe eyes. He took his hand off my head and stepped back, closing the door in my face.

It was definitely those bastards that did it. I turned quickly on my heel. I shook my head, heading over towards the front door, "Where are you going missy?" Johnathan asked from the kitchen, his arms folded over his chest.