Part four

The man's eyes widened, and his gaze never left her inquisitive green eyes. He loved his daughter ,and wished he could at least visit her more often, and not come out in the shadows. "No, it's a nice name, " he responded.

Reya was only five ,but she could tell there was something different about the man , like the way he leaned towards the sea as if it was part of him, or the way he looked at her almost sadly.

"Do you like the ocean ?", she asked

"Oh, very much",

"Same, I love the ocean but my mother she..." Reya trailed off, the man's intense and compassionate green eyes urged her to say more, but she didn't know how to tell him.

"She doesn't let you go in the water", the man finished still eyeing the water.

Reya got up instantly, and stared at the man ,but not judgmentally almost in a curious and calm manner.

"How did you kn-", she began, but paused after seeing a familiar face.

Her mother was behind her watching her intently. Normally, she would have been angry that she talked to a stranger, but instead she looked wary, and hurt almost. However, her stormy blue eyes gazed at the man as if she was disappointed, and sad at the same time. The man quickly got up, patted Andri on the back and left.

"Come let's go Reya", Her mother said so quietly it was almost inaudible.

Andri glanced up at her strangely calm mother. She couldn't point out what bothered her mom.

"Mommy, I am really sorry I di-", she began, but her mother held her hand out to silence her.

"Darling this is nothing about you", she said ,as she tightened her grip on Reya's hand.

Reya studied her mother once more, she was never like this. She was lively, energetic, stern at times, but she never seemed so dull and sad. It was late at night around ten and Sally was sipping coffee while reading a book. She tucked her daughter into bed, and tried to relax after a stressful day. "That's a nice book you're reading there," said a familiar voice. Sally turned around to see Poseidon playfully smiling at her .

Sally closed her eyes ,as she confronted him. "Poseidon this has been bothering me all day....just why, why would you ever consider talking to her ?"she asked in a eerily calm voice.

Poseidon studied Sally quietly ,and sat next to her.

" Is there a problem with a father speaking to his daughter."

Sally opened her eyes , and stood up rather abruptly, but controlled herself and sat down "Yes, there is ...she doesn't even know who you are, she doesn't even know who she is ."

For the first time she saw pure pain, and sadness flash across his face. He took her hand, and pain, and anguish reflected his eyes. They weren't the beautiful shade of green she fell in love with .They were melancholy, and dark with sadness.

"I know, she doesn't deserve this, and neither do you....Sally Jackson I am sorry about what I said last time, you've taken care of Andreya better than anyone could , and you are the most selfless person I've ever met....I am sorry I got carried away it's just I am worried for you , I know eventually you will sacrifice yourself if Reya is in a dangerous situation, and I can't let that happen'' he said softly. Sally looked stunned, Poseidon usually never apologizes , she slowly opened her mouth about to speak, but Poseidon leaned close and placed a finger on her lips.

"I truly am sorry" he said quietly, before reluctantly kissing her.

"I am so sorry", he whispered once more before disappearing from the room.

2 years later ...