Part 8

"Thank you", she responded, relieved that the terrible ringing, and pain in her head was gone.

He smiled at her, and softly planted a kiss on her cheek , still holding her in his lap.

Reya rolled her eyes, she hated when her dad acted as if he truly cared about her mother. If he really did then , he never would have left her to take care of a child, or didn't do anything when Gabe hit her mother. However, a part of her knew that he was a god, but she still couldn't let go of the memory when her mother woke her up, and her oversized shirt slipped ever so slightly revealing a dark bruise on her collarbone.

"What are you doing here, Poseidon ?" Reya asked coldly. Her dark green eyes refused to break contact with her father. Sally, and Poseidon both raised their eyebrows at the same time, which would have been kind of funny, but not to Reya right now.

Sally studied her daughter anxiously, she knew Reya was never a big fan of her father ,but she never addressed Poseidon by his first name .

" Honey, please be-" she began , but Poseidon's eyes met Sally's and she instantly became quiet.

"It's alright Sally, I sense no disrespect...how are you Reya?" he asked softly.

Reya immediately shifted in her seat, and her eyes flashed dangerously at Poseidon. She tightly crossed her arms over her chest defensively . She looked exactly like Poseidon when he was mad.

"My mother is the only one that calls me Reya." she responded steely.

Sally's eyes widened in surprise, her daughter may get agaiated once in a while, yet she was always extremely calm, but here she was staring at her dad defiantly. Poseidon didn't get angry; he just studied his daughter curiously, and amusement glimmered in his eyes.

" Reya, he's your father, please don't speak to him that way." Sally said sternly.

" Typical, defending him over me...won't you ever learn that he will never care for you ." Reya muttered resentfully.

Sally stood up from Poseidon's lap, and began to walk towards her daughter, however her knees buckled and she was about to fall over ,before Poseidon quickly grasped her waist and carried her, as he placed her back into his lap. "Sweetheart, you're extremely weak, ....I didn't heal your injuries , I just made them stop paining temporarily, so please be careful," he said quietly, as his eyes shifted to his daughter's.

"Care to explain ?" he inquired calmly.

Reya studied her father carefully trying to detect any expression or emotion in his face, but he was blank. There was no trace of mockery, anger, or frustration in his face or voice.

"I'd be glad to, you left my mother all alone when she was expecting me, you also did absolutely nothing .....nothing when Gabe used to hit my mother, she ......she had bruises all over her, and when she would cry herself to sleep ,because she struggled through three jobs where were you then huh ? Were you ever actually concerned about her ?" Reya demanded forcefully, as tears came to her eyes. She quickly walked towards her mother and slowly titled her shirt downwards to reveal a painful bruise on her collarbone. Then she lifted her unharmed elbow and displayed multiple dark scars. Sally began protesting to stop, but Reya continued, and lifted her mother's calf, and revealed many bruises on her soft skin.

Reya stood up, and planted her hands on her hips, as she glared at her father, waiting for his reaction. Poseidon didn't even meet his daughter's eyes, as he traced the bruise on Sally's collar bone with a delicate finger. His green eyes were darker than a forest, and the small glint of blue in his eyes were gone. Sally gazed at him sadly, but didn't say anything.