𝘰𝘯𝘦.

THE YOUNG GIRL suddenly sat upright in bed, gasping for air

THE YOUNG GIRL suddenly sat upright in bed, gasping for air. Her face was covered with sweat as she tried to catch her breath, but she also rolled her eyes out of annoyance. This was a reason she didn't share a room with anyone, despite the fact that she was sleeping over at her best friend's house.

Kimberly Stockwell had dream anxiety disorder, which meant that she had constant nightmares for no reason whatsoever. She didn't even know why she was diagnosed with this, but she was used to it at this point.

This dream that she just suffered through was far more disturbing than the brown-haired girl could handle. She was soaked with sweat, her bright blue eyes darting around the otherwise empty guest bedroom.

She couldn't quite remember what she had dreamt about, but she knew it was horrific; it was the first nightmare she had in months. So, she was a little surprised at how sudden it was.

Suddenly, a quiet knock broke the silence, making Kimberly jump and jerk her head to the door. But, despite the fear still inside her heart, she stood up and walked over to the bedroom door. She swung the door open, only to be met with the worried expression on Andy Barber's face.

"You okay, Kim?" the older man asked with a concerned voice. "You look a little spooked..."

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine," replied Kimberly, wiping some of the perspiration off of her eyebrow. "Just another nightmare..."

Andy nodded, completely understanding. "Oh... another one, huh? Must be tough..."

Kimberly just nodded, appreciating how laid-back Andy was. She briefly glanced at the alarm clock on the nightstand, which read 6:30 A.M. She sighed and turned to her best friend's father. "Time for me to wake up, huh?" she quipped.

The older man chuckled as he nodded. "I was just about to get you up. You better get ready, though, while I get your little rascal of a friend up."

The girl laughed as she shut the door. Pushing strands of her long brown hair behind her ears, she grabbed her short-sleeved, light blue dress and put it on. It went just past her knees and she put white leggings under it as she always did. She then took a hairbrush and ran it through her soft head of hair, feeling a lot more relaxed than before now.

After a few minutes, Kimberly went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She did so thoroughly, before spitting out the toothpaste and rinsing her mouth. She looked in the mirror for a second, admitting to herself that she actually looked decent.

Walking out of the bathroom and shutting off the light, she saw Andy go to her best friend, Jacob's bedroom. A smirk formed on her face since she knew this wouldn't end well.