Chapter VI: Runaway Steed

Sandra awakens in the midst of the night to a tap on her shoudler, months of sleeping in wilderness tends to cause you to wake easily to touch, the tapper is Lo-Na.

Sandra squints her eyes at the conversly bright eyed girl, her voice still hoarse she asks. "What is the matter Little One?"

"I'm scared!" Lo-Na whimpers.

"Of what, darling?" Sandra asks.

"I had a nightmare!" Lo-Na says sadly. "It was dragons and fire and..." She rambles getting more and more upset, her little hands wrapped tight around her doll.

Sandra sits up and grabs hold of her and hugs Lo-Na tightly. "Shush darling, you needn't be afraid. 'Twas but a dream." Sandra whispers. "Do you wish you come into bed with Amethyst and I?" Sandra asks the trembling and crying girl.

Lo-Na nods her head yes, she climbs into bed laying on the edge yet facing Sandra and hugging her tight.

Sandra covers her up and ane strokes her fingers through Lo-Na's dual colored hair, blonde and black. "Are still afraid?" Sandra asks.

"Not as much." Lo-Na whispers back.

It seems that the commotion has also raised Amethyst from sleep. She raises her head and looks at Sandra, her hair a mess and covering most of her face. "What is the matter?" She asks, grumpy.

"Lo-Na had a nightmare, everything's fine. Rest your head once more dearest." Sandra replies.

"All right." Amethyst says before quickly drifting back off to sleep.

Sandra lies there with Lo-Na's arms around her for a few minutes just trying to comfort her. "Are you feeling sleepy again?" Sandra asks.

"A little!" Lo-Na replies yawning.

Sandra giggles. "Sounds like a lot."

"Thank you for making me less scared." Lo-Na says sweetly.

"Awe, you are very welcome." Sandra replies.

"You're the best Mother..." Lo-Na says under her breath, just barely intelligible.

"Huh?" Sandra asks, not completely sure of what the child had said. Looking down she realizes the child is asleep already, or at least feigning sleep. Either way Sandra won't press it further, it didn't sound like a bad thing to her.

Soon Sandra drifts off to the dream realm and hours pass and soon the suns amber light pierces their window. It shines on Sandra's face and awaken hers. She looks to see Lo-Na positioned just as she was the night previous.

"Time to wake Lo-Na!" She says while gently rocking the girl.

Lo-Na wakes up and looks at Sandra pouting. "No!" She says.

"Oh fine, we've thirty minutes till Amethyst wakes up, you have till then." Sandra says before rolling Lo-Na over to the other side so Sandra can get out of bed.

Sandra gets dressed and makes her little morning concoction she so loves and sits by the window sipping it while reading and writing notes on magick. She hears shuffling from the bed and sees Lo-Na had positioned herself behind Amethyst, hugging her.

Sandra laughs as she knows her beloved will be annoyed but she doesn't move the child, she likes to watch Amethyst squirm sometimes.

--

Meanwhile in Hans and Riona's room the two are already up and engaged in a game of Iirlinu, a popular elven card game, we won't get too deep into the rules but the objective is to eliminate all your opponents card by maneuvering yours around the table.