Chapter 1: Back in The Day (Part 1)

(When Sabine was about 3 and Tristan was about 2, 2 weeks before Sabine's birthday)

After Ursa had put Tristan to sleep, Sabine tried to ask her mother for something but really struggled.

"Try and talk with you body, sweetie..." Ursa suggested softly, however Sabine was still struggling until she pointed at a bird.

"Birdy!!" Sabine exclaimed whilst still pointing at the animal. "Good girl" Ursa cheered with before gently asking "Can you now say 'wren'?"

"W....w..." Sabine couldn't get it out therefore she kept trying and trying...then...."WEN!!!"

Ursa felt that she was literally over the moon as Sabine tried to talk English, since her doctor said her vocabulary may suffer due to how she was conceived.

"Do you want anything?"- Sabine shook her head but still had the look that asked questions. Ursa just had to look in her daughter's eyes, as a result she knew how to answer and then she continued. "for your birthday, a present..."

Sabine began nodding her head quite quickly- "What would you want?" Her mother asked as she started to think.

Sabine once again pointed at the bird that she found out that it was a wren and then wrapped her arms around herself. Ursa guessed "A teddy?"

Her daughter nodded whilst pointing at the bird- "Wen tetty!"

"What do you say?" She asked. Sabine answered.

"Wen tetty pwese!"

"I'll have a talk with daddy about it" Ursa promised Sabine as she was jumping around.

"Ok, mummy!!" She squealed as she suffocated her mother with a tight hug- Ursa returned the hug before she changed her daughter into her pyjamas.

*After Ursa helped Sabine with getting into her pyjamas*

"Night-night, Sabine..." Ursa whispers as she puts her little 'Ursa Minor' to bed

"Night-night, mummy!"

*When Alrich was walking to his and Ursa's bedroom*

"Alrich!?!?"

Alrich replied "Yes, Ursa...no need to shout..."

As Alrich tried to walk through the door of his sophisticated but dull coloured bedroom, Ursa gave up waiting, thus grabbing one of his brown skin toned wrists.

"I'm not too sure how we are going to make Sabine's birthday work..." Ursa admitted before continuing... "don't forget that she's turning 4 in a couple of weeks and we just can't seem to get the things that we need!"

"Don't you worry about anything, Ursa....We'll get the things one way or another...."

Author's Note

I hope that you enjoyed the first chapter of Wren Feathers.

Sorry if this chapter was short, I'll try to make them longer.

This is my first time trying to write a story so please don't judge.

The gore and swearing will get progressive, so on the chapter / paragraph, I'll write a 'Gore / Language warning'.

We all know that Sabine will get the wren plush for her birthday...but there's something else that Ursa and Alrich are trying to get for her.

Do you know what they might get for Sabine?

Find out about the gift in the next chapter of "Wren Feathers"