⚜ FIFTEEN ⚜

Unedited

Whoop whoop, double update!

---(Name this line?)---

His gaze burns through me, but I match it tenfold with a fire birthed from rage. If I was unsure before, I had made my mind up now.

I will not, under any circumstances, be marrying that man.

My nostrils flair as I attempt to bury him six-feet under with my stare alone. To my dismay, it doesn't work. My heart clenches as I think of all the things I've said to him under the lone tree, only to find out that he's the prince!

I can't believe I shared my passionate dislike for the royals and he didn't say anything. It hurts more than anything to be proved right - that they're all fake.

I can't believe I believed him.

That might be what hurts the most... that I believed him. That he was different. It hurts so bad because I really liked him. I had a crush on the prince and that infuriates me to no end. But it's my own fault. I already knew that I should never trust someone from the upper-sectors. There was no way I could've befriended an upper-sector, much less a royal one. And there's certainly no way I could fall in love with one.

The heat between our eyes is broken as the royals turn to stand in front of the stage. Our line turns to face them. Miss Mint's voice carries over to us, but not loud enough to steal the attention from the royals.

"Alright ladies, this is it." She walks up and down the line of women. "One by one you'll have the chance to introduce yourself to the king and queen and then to the prince. We have a lot to do to prepare for dinner and they have many guests to greet, so keep it short and sweet, but be polite."

Once Miss Mint finishes delivering our instructions, our line starts moving forwards as the ladies start meeting the royals. I note how Prince Jake is set aside so that we can have some one-on-one privacy away from his parents.

I watch Jake intensely as he interacts with the other women. Bitterness consumes me and forces a low growl from my lips as I watch his dimpled smile beam at them. He looks so boyish and I grit my teeth at the flutter my stomach does at the mere sight of him. I was a fool to get caught up in my head and feelings. Deep down I had hoped that something more would happen between my and my 'mystery man'; that my crush could have blossomed into something beautiful.

My heart aches to know that he has endless women lining up to snap him up - literally.

I'm rudely pulled from my thoughts when I feel a hand slightly nudge me forward. I realise it is my turn to approach the king and queen. They are a beautiful couple, so much so that I feel intimidated. King Leroy has a strong jawline, sharp and defined with a very well-built body and fierce blue eyes. His wife, Queen Kathasha is slim and tall with magnificent green eyes that seem to glow in contrast to her dark chestnut hair, curled perfectly into ringlets.

"Good afternoon, your majesties. My name is Allenica Jones." I introduce myself with a low curtsy and a bright smile. Though the king returns my smile with a wide grin, I can't help but see the dark look I get from the queen as she picks me apart from the corner of her eye.

"What a fine woman indeed!" King Leroy bursts as he clasps his hands. "What a beautiful smile! You know you're the first to grin at us with teeth today!"

My face flushes in embarrassment as I immediately seal my mouth with my lips.

"It just shows a lack of proper etiquette if you ask me," Queen Kathasha mumbles as she reaches up to push her hair over her shoulder and onto her back.