Chapter 11

I backed away. The girl came towards me. Her blond hair was up in a tight bun her ice cold blue eyes glared into mine. I grabbed the glass behind me and threw it at her. She ducked and smirked.
"Oh come on Alpha have better aim next time." I stared at her. Anger replaced my sudden fear. I threw myself at her. She wasn't expecting it.

"How could you?" I smacked her head off the ground. "How could you Christina?" she groaned.
"I did it for revenge," she spat.
"Revenge?" I said.
"You killed my mate Jayden." I wrapped my hands are her neck. I wanted to kill her. She gasped for air.
"No I didn't." Christina never found her mate. Did she? She coughed and gasped.
"Kevin." I stared at her. Kevin. Oh god.

Kevin. He was my best friend. I didn't kill him but I was part of the reason he died. I remember that day. Kevin and I were in the woods. A few rouges attacked us. He told me to go get help. I ran off to get my dad and his Beta. By the time I got back the rogues were gone and Kevin was dead. I should have stayed with him. I should have helped him.

I didn't care that he was Christina's mate. I hated Christina. Kevin was my best friend and I should have done more to help him but Christina attacked Roseanne and I was going to kill her. My grip tightened she spluttered.
"I didn't kill him. he was my best friend." I said.
"You- *cough* could *cough* have- saved- him," she spluttered.
"I didn't kill him!" she was only making it worse for herself. She coughed one last time and I watched their leave her eyes.

I stepped off her. I dragged her body towards the woods. No one dared to question what was happening. I carried it deep into the woods and buried it. Everyone kept out my way they could see how angry I was. I growled at anyone who looked at me. Christina was dead somehow I felt slightly relieved.

I couldn't contain my anger anymore. I yelled and punched a hole in my wall. I could feel the cold tears in my eyes. I was so angry I couldn't think straight. It was all coming back to me. The night Kevin died. The night Christina attacked Roseanne. I was suppose to be the tough Alpha. I was losing everyone. I'd lost everyone. Roseanne was the last person I loved. She was slipping away.

I went straight into my room. I grabbed a pillow and roped it to shred. I pictured Roseanne coming into the room. She would be smile then her smile would fall when she'd seen me. She'd run up to be and hug me probably kiss me as well. The thought got me even more angry.

I collapsed. I could support my body anymore. I lay on the ground. My anger slowly becoming grief and tears washing down my cheeks. I closed my eyes and tried to block out every thought is Roseanne that I had. I took a deep breath. I kept my eyes glued shut. I fought the urge to open them. I felt myself slip away.

----------------------------------------------

I woke up with a start. I sat up feather covered the floor. My cheeks were wet. I was lying on the floor. Memories of earlier'a events flooded into my mind. I brought my knees to my chest. I rested my chin in my knees. What was happening to me? I gritted my teeth.

My bedroom door slowly opened. Marc slipped in. I looked up at him. His eyes widen when he seen me.
"Alpha I..." he stared at me his jaw dropped. I shook my head.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"We found Christina's body in the-" he began.
"Yes I know she was in my house yesterday I killed her and buried her body." I said. He stared at me. "you heard me now leave." I snapped. He nodded hastily and left.

I rocked back and forth. I decided I wanted to see Roseanne I stood up not bothering to change or anything. I exited my house and went straight to the hospital. I opened the door to her room. Lyra stood beside her holding her hands.
"Hey Lyra." I said. She turned and stared at me. I wiped my eyes and sniffed.
"Hey Jayden." Lyra said. She turned back to Roseanne and whispered some in her ear.
"What you doing?" I asked.
"I'm telling her everything that's happening the doctor says she might be able to hear me." Lyra whispered something to her again.

I raised my eyebrow. I walked over to Roseanne's bed. I stared at her body it was the first time I'd properly looked at her. She was pale. Her hair was speed out across the pillow. Her eyes were glued shut and her hands were in Lyra's. I stared at her I don't know for how long but my eyes were trapped to her. I swallowed and forced myself to looked down at her pale hands in Lyra's sun kissed hands.

Lyra was smiling at Roseanne. She bent over and whispered something else. I caught it this time. She said 'he's scared Roseanne' I smiled a little. I put my hand on Lyra's shoulder. I bent down beside her she smiled up at me.
"Why are you so happy?" I asked. Her smiled dropped. She rubbed her nose.
"Um... I'm not honestly." I decided to believe her. She squeezed Roseanne's hand. Maria came in the room.

Lyra smiled at her. Maria checked through a few things. Someone was saying something but I wasn't paying any attention. I felt a tug on my arm. I looked down Lyra was smiling. I turned to Maria.
"Sorry what is it." Maria smiled.

"She's going to wake up."

I didn't know if I heard her right. Roseanne was going to wake up. She was going to be OK.
"What?" I said. Maria dropped the papers.
"Alpha she's going to wake up. Well the doctors say within the next few hours." I can't help but feel the urge to hug Maria but I won't do that. Lyra screams with delight. I hugged Lyra instead.

"She's going to be OK." Lyra whispered.
"I know." I said. Happiness filled me. I looked over at Roseanne and bent over. I placed a soft kiss on her chapped lips. When I pulled away I sat down in the chair and held her hand. I promised myself I wouldn't leave her side until she was awake. Lyra left to tell Alexandra. Maria smiled at me then left. I sat with Roseanne's hand in mine waiting for her eyes to flutter open.

I kissed her hand. Alexandra burst through the door.
"Oh my god she's going to wake up!" she hugged me unexpectedly. I rocked back. She squeezed Roseanne's hand. "Oh my god! This doesn't seem real!" she said.
"Calm down." I said.
"Calm down? Calm down. no way my best friend is waking up from her coma." I stared at her. She said that very bluntly. "What?" she ran out the room.

I stared at the door. I looked back at Roseanne and raised my eyebrows.
"Jesus Christ. You have weird friends babe." I said. Happiness took over me. I squeezed her hand. I wanted her to wake up now not later I needed her to wake up. Now.

I was really tired so I decided I'd sleep for a few hours. I leaned my head on the bed and feel asleep.