chapter 24

First look is Elizabeth's style for the day and the second is ofcourse Georgina

*****
With Georgina back things had changed. William had to to give up on his efforts to pursue Elizabeth, on the other hand Elizabeth could not help but feel drawn to the man.

Although she did like the little Ms. Darcy's company and t h e y seemed to have bonded quite well. Somehow being in  the company of the heiress made Elizabeth remember her own two sisters. She had tried to contact Lydia but her younger sister had been too  busy to meet her.

She had finally given up and spent the rest of the week waiting for elder sister to return.

"I am so glad you decided to join us. My brother used to talk a lot about you."

Currently  Elizabeth and Georgina were out for lunch after spending their whole day at a spa.

"I am sure not everything he said about me was true?" Elisabeth asked the young girl wondering about all the comments and complaints William must have ranted out to his younger sister.

"No but you are exactly the way he described. Smart,elegant,beautiful and genuine." Elizabeth almost choked a little on her wine.

She had never expected such an answer.

"I swear my brother has a crush on you." This time Elizabeth really did choke on her wine. The brunette coughed as her insides burned a little due to the wine lodging itself in the wrong pipe.

"What ?" She finally sputtered after gaining more control on her breathing.

"Yeah don't you see it? I mean it's so obvious. Whenever you are around only looks at you it's like the rest of the world has simply vanished and he always asks for your opinion just to be able to have a conversation with you."
The blonde laughed and sipped on her water as she remembered her brother's dorky behaviour.

The rest of the evening passed away smoothly and the two women enjoyed their time being pampered and roaming around the city.

However when it was finally time to get back home georgina turned towards Elizabeth with questioning eyes.

"Elizabeth do you like my brother?"
The brunette was left speechless because inner turmoil kept on gnawing at her.

The man she had perceived William to be an year ago and the man she had witnessed now were completely poles apart.

And even though some part of her  wanted to believe that she had made a mistake in in judging the man, the disdain she had witnessed in his eyes when  he addressed her family and George Wickham's testimony against him did not make her give in.

Before she could answer, the young girl continued to defend her brother's feelings.

"Look I know my brother is not the most sociable and approachable guy of the bunch but he is the most caring and sincere man I have come across. After my parents death and Wickham's betrayal he has been like a rock supporting me through the worst of my life." The last of the sentence got the brunette's attention.

"Wickham? Betrayal?" Elizabeth asked shifting in her seat as her resolve came crumbling down.

"I am not supposed to share it with anyone, but I guess I can make an exception. George Wickham used to be the son of one of my father's employees. Hi and William were of the same age and so my father helped him to enjoy the same opportunities my brother did. He was a charming guy but after my father died his reality was revealed. Since my father had always treated him like a son, he would abuse our resources and even looked down upon William on several occasions. One day he was caught stealing by Anita. William had no power and say a since he himself was not an adult, my uncle who had been acting as a guardian till the time William took over I was furious and threw him out. His funds were blocked and he was kicked out of the school because of his delinquent behaviour. He came back begging for forgiveness but my uncle did not agree, wanting revenge he came into my room one night, drunk off his ass and tried to rape me. Thankfully, William was home that night and I was saved. After that he was arrested and served time in a correction home for five years. I haven't heard about him since."

Elizabeth could not believe her ears. She had trusted a sick pervert and let her ego win over her head.

"Anyway, I just hope you give my brother a chance."

With that the two women sat in the car as they were driven back to the mansion.

Hey guys sorry for the late update, my college began I'm a third year student now, which means lots of work and I'm also doing two internship's so that's a lot of pressure.

Anyway please keep on reading and tell me your views in the comments, it's always fun to know what you guys thought.

xoxo

Raven