Part I: The One Where They Learn What Happened In Sunspear

Dany and Jon are just friends...

Well technically, they are family because Jon is the son of her oldest brother, Rhaegar and his second wife, Lyanna.

Of course there was that time a couple years ago when they dated. However, they were both just getting out of bad relationships - Dany had just left her fiance, Hizdahr zo Loraq, at the altar because she learned he had been cheating on her their entire relationship. While Jon was going through a nasty divorce after learning his wife of two years, Ygritte was a lesbian and having an affair with her yoga instructor, Val. Therefore, they both decided they were not ready to jump into another serious relationship, that it was just rebound sex, and decided to just be friends. They agreed they were just two Targaryens helping each other get through a rough time. After all, family is supposed to help each other through rough times.

And then there was that time, a few weeks ago when they woke-up in bed together... naked and tangled in the sheets with used condoms littering the floor. Neither remembering how they had ended up in bed together, but thankful they had at least been responsible enough in their intoxicated states to use protection. They had a good laugh at the time, figuring they must have had an amazing night with their friends, celebrating the upcoming nuptials between her niece and nephew, who just happened to be Jon's older half brother and sister, Aegon and Rhaenys.

After all, as the saying goes, What Happens in Sunspear, Stays in Sunspear.

Well, apparently not everything stays in Sunpear, Dany thought ruefully, blowing out a shaky breath as she knocked on the red door of Jon's apartment.

As she waited for him to answer, she looked at the legal-size manila envelope sticking out of her large black and red leather purse. The contents of the envelope, from the Sunspear County Clerk's Office, very much proved that marriages, even while drunk, just don't disappear once you leave Sunspear.

She heard Ghost's nails scratching impatiently on the other side of the door. Then her nephew, scolding the great beast of a dog to get back.

You can do this Dany. It's just Jon. It's not like you married a stranger. At least you know your last name. Jon will know what to do. He will know how to fix this.

"Aunt... Dany?" Jon questioned, a smile spreading across his bearded cheeks as he opened the door.

It was clear to Dany that he had not been up long. He was shirtless. His glorious washboard abs were on display. His dark grey sweatpants, that matched his eyes, were sagging exposing the top of his black boxer briefs. His unruly raven curls were protesting against the elastic band he had attempted to contain them with. And he was using his leg to hold back his giant white husky, Ghost.

"Hey Jon," she replied, trying to keep her tone nonchalant, realizing she had been staring for too long at her nephew's disheveled appearance.

"Hey Ghost," she added, bending down to give the giant pup pets on the head.

"I didn't know you were coming... If I had known, I would have put a shirt on and this beast would have been locked in the bedroom."

Fuck, he caught me staring. "Sorry, in my rush to get here, I forgot to let you know I was on my way over," She mumbled, continuing to scratch Ghost behind the ears as she internally cursed herself for her stupidity, realizing that she had not called or texted him before showing up at his door unannounced. "Oh, and don't worry about Ghost. You know normally I just come over here to see him anyways." However, that is not the case today.

"Gee, thanks, Aunt Dany! I always thought that you loved Ghost more than me, but I never thought that you'd actually confirm it!"

"Shut it! I actually came here for a good reason today," she replied, trying to keep her voice calm and even though her heart had begun to race as her anxiety rose.