Flower Vase: Chapter 2

The ice-cold Gu Yan was smiling.

He sat comfortably in the car, he'd already practiced the curvature of his mouth in the mirror countless times, it was absolutely flawless. Of course, to get into his benefactor's good graces, he would need to do his absolute best to play the part of the flower vase.

Qin Zhiyuan was, as expected, very pleased.

"How did your hair get wet?" Thin, long fingers glided past Gu Yan's temples, lightly fiddling with his raven black hair, aside from the deep voice, it made for a particularly cloying atmosphere.

Gu Yan relaxed his body, and obligingly closed his eyes, "Just finished shooting the suicide scene in the bathroom."

"Tired? I'll take you home first."

"You don't need to, it's normally rare for you to have time."

"I'm off tomorrow." Qin Zhiyuan laughed quietly, and said close to Gu Yan's ear, "I can spend the entire night with you tonight."

Gu Yan opened his eyes, gazed at him, and asked, "Does the Big Boss not have ten thousand things to take care of?"

"I just got back from overseas, I would need to recover from my jet lag."

Gu Yan suddenly remembered the few paparazzi shots from the magazine.

Was it someone similar?

Or had he already learned to split himself into two?

But Gu Yan didn't expose him, only smiled appropriately.

Qin Zhiyuan wrapped an arm around his waist naturally, first instructing the driver to turn the car around, then called to cancel the restaurant reservation made earlier on, and lowered his head to ask him what he wanted for dinner.

Ah, this man was just so tender and caring. Even though he was the one who was spending money keeping lovers around, he could still act so smoothly and flawlessly(1), that no one could say a single bad thing about him.

At the same time, he was just as generous to every single lover.

So generous it made one gnash one's teeth(2).

Curled up in Qin Zhiyuan's arms, Gu Yan ground his teeth. While he thought and thought, he actually became slightly sleepy.

He hadn't had many scenes today, but after having gone through multiple takes of the same shot, and soaking in cold water for half the day, he really was completely spent. Which was why, while his benefactor was all gentle words and soothing talk, there he was with yawn after yawn, and drowsily began to dream.

In his dream, he was filming again.

A simple, simple line, but for some reason, he just couldn't recall it. The director was beyond furious and flung the script roughly at his face.

Slap!

Gu Yan's heart clenched, and he woke up with a start, he finally noticed that the car had stopped moving. The sky outside the windows had already darkened, the gloom made it difficult to tell the time. He remembered what had happened earlier, panicked inside, this was bad, now he'd gone and smashed his own billboard(3), but just as he lifted his head, he met Qin Zhiyuan's face.

This face couldn't be considered attractive, the features only regular, when he smiled, there were a few faint creases by the corners of his eyes, which gave him a rather gentle appearance.