Flower Vase: Chapter 12

What evils did he want to correct? What "correctness" did he want to return to?

Gu Yan gave a start as he listened, he somewhat understood what the other meant, but it seemed like he still felt a bit confused.

Qin Zhiyuan was still quietly waiting for his answer.

Gu Yan couldn't put off opening his mouth to speak.

"How could it be too late? Other people like yourself would probably spend their entire lives just like that." He thought about it some more, seemingly floundered for a bit, so he emphasized it again, "Hmm, of course it's not too late."

This was a sentence that came purely from the bottom of his heart, no mind games involved.

Naturally, Qin Zhiyuan could hear that, he immediately lowered his head to capture Gu Yan with a kiss. His kiss was so intense, his lips connecting to Gu Yan's with all his strength, putting so much force into it that it became painful for Gu Yan. Only after the kiss was done did he notice his loss of composure, but he wasn't regretful, only lifting a hand to caress Gu Yan's face, and said, "That's great. I've missed out on too many things from before, I'm always afraid that it'll be too late for myself."

As he spoke, he picked up Gu Yan's hand and kept walking forward, he seemed very happy and gave absolutely no explanation for his words just now.

......It just left way too much room for a guy's imagination.

Gu Yan couldn't see through him.

His impression of Qin Zhiyuan was always gentle and restrained. Rare were the times for him to show his true feelings, but his performance tonight was entirely different... Was this some kind of omen?

He had known Qin Zhiyuan for quite a while, just climbing into his bed had taken up a considerable amount of time. Later on still, out of the multitudes of lovers coming and going, he became the one to remain by his side the longest. Until now, only one final step away. Maybe with one stride forward, he would be able to step into Qin Zhiyuan's heart. Or maybe it was just a pipe-dream, up ahead lay a yawning chasm, with one fall, his body would be torn asunder and his bones crushed.

But Gu Yan knew he would definitely continue forward.

No matter how shrewd his machinations, no matter how ample his patience, it was only because he had fallen for him first, so he would always be one move behind Qin Zhiyuan.

Gu Yan pressed against his temples, he felt a bit tired. When he got home with Qin Zhiyuan, he went to bed very early to get some rest. But that night he didn't sleep peacefully at all. Around midnight, he was scared awake by a nightmare. The exact details of the dream were already lost to him, only his back was chilly and seeping with a cold sweat.

After that, he tossed about, unable to fall back to sleep.

Qin Zhiyuan wasn't sleeping deeply either, he was soon woken up by Gu Yan, and he reached out to wrap an arm around his waist while he asked, "What's wrong? Insomnia?"

"A little, probably ate too much tonight."

Qin Zhiyuan let out a low chuckle, "The food outside isn't as good as what you make."

Gu Yan made a "hmm" sound, agreeing as a matter of course. This was the only thing for which he was never humble.

Qin Zhiyuan was amused, he had been half asleep at first, but now his energy returned, he moved his hand to stroke at Gu Yan's hair, and said, "If you can't sleep, want me to chat with you?"