Chapter 3: Locker Room

Nicole's POV

The security guard takes us to the locker room. My heart is beating fast. He opens the door. My heart beats even faster. I see the team. My heart is pounding at the speed of light. I just stand there admiring them and Julie screams. Some of the team laugh, but others look at us as if we were the weirdest people. I don't care anyways. We have 10 minutes with them, then they leave.

"Hi... I'm Nicole" I say. Everyone waits for me to add something... But I just stand there like I'm paralyzed. Alexis Sanchez comes up to me and hands me a soccer ball signed by him. I hug him. I don't know why, but I obviously can't control myself right now. I hand the soccer ball to different players so they can sign it too. Julie is doing the same thing, but talking to them to.

After 5 min. I calm down and actually start talking and asking questions. I notice Alexis is sitting near the back and just looking at me, not saying anything. I pretend to ignore him by talking to other players and taking pictures with them. Julie is also taking pictures with the players.

When the team got up to leave, I went up to Alexis and asked him, "Why didn't you say anything? Why were you just staring at me?"

"I don't know. But, I think you're beautiful."

"Thanks. You're not too bad yourself," I say laughing.

I can't believe it. Alexis Sanchez, my favorite player, said I was beautiful. Me and Julie stand there until they clear out and don't speak. I think we're both speechless about what just happened.

The same security guard leads us out and to our cars. We get into the classic Ford and drive away without saying anything. I hug my soccer ball and keep a smile on my face.

Suddenly there is a loud popping noise that came from the car.