001;『idle coffee』

muffled bubbling noises sounded out of the matte black kettle, bouncing off of the kitchen walls and ringing into the pink-haired boy's ears, who groaned at the irritatingly loud sound.

"not enough sleep, min?" the sleepy headed boy could hear a familiar raspy voice come from behind him, startling him a bit.

he turned his head around seeing taehyung; his best friend of many, many years and roommate, too. the taller man stood behind the kitchen island with his palms resting on the countertop, hair mussed and clothes baggy

"mhm," jimin just hummed in response, smiling softly at how his best friend never missed a single detail about him. one of which is the fact that he never drinks coffee unless he doesn't get enough hours of sleep, and in this case, it was barely even a decent four.

"what had you up so late last night?" taehyung asked, walking around the kitchen island and reaching to open one of the top cabinets, grabbing his favourite box of cereal; honey cheerios.

"just the usual," jimin sighed, voice still a bit croaky. "another client forgetting to tell me that there's the worst deadline ever in history. i had to work twice as fast as i normally do because it needed to be done overnight." jimin recalled, grimacing as flashbacks of a tough last night flooded his foggy mind.

"that must've been stressful, huh?" taehyung questioned, grabbing another handful of cereal and stuffing it into his mouth.

"tell me about it! and this is like... the third time it happens this month!" jimin exclaimed as he focused on pouring enough sweetener into the black coffee, not forgetting to add the last bit of milk they had, too. despite working some ungodly hours as an at-home editor, he never really liked coffee that much, only drinking it if necessary and, well, he might as well make it somewhat enjoyable if he had no choice but to drink it. he'd realised at a point that pure, bitter, black coffee was definitely not his favourite way to drink the beverage.

"i can't exactly say i relate, but that sounds awfully frustrating." taehyung spoke with his mouth full of cheerios, immersed in its sweet taste.

jimin scoffed at taehyung's words, shaking his head before taking a small sip of his coffee. "that's because it is. anyway, we seriously need to go shopping today."

"yeah, um... about that..." taehyung laughed nervously, chucking away the now empty box of cereal into the trash can and then walking over to the living room.

"oh, god. what is it now?" jimin chuckled as he followed behind the younger to the living room and sat down opposite from him on the couch.

"seokjinie and i wanna go on a date tonight, but you can still--"

"nope. i refuse to go shopping alone. last time i did, i had a panic attack in the middle of the store, if you remember. i don't really want that happening again." jimin interrupted the younger without looking at him, sipping more of his dosage of caffeine.

"i know that very well, dumpling. i wouldn't want it happening again either. would you just let me finish my sentence first, please?" taehyung spoke softly while sitting up so he could face jimin, the latter mirroring his actions but still refusing to look at taehyung as he bit his lip lightly.

"i was gonna suggest that you go with namjoon hyung since he's free nowadays. after you guys finish shopping, me and seokjin hyung will come pick you up and then they'll stay over at ours for the weekend. i've already talked to them about it and they agreed." taehyung explained, hoping to get a positive answer from the older. he doesn't want to pressure jimin into doing something he's fretful about.