003;『new neighbour』

a rich and savoury odour filled the kitchen air, slowly making its way to spread throughout the rest of the apartment as jimin rounded off dinner for him and taehyung. setting up the small dining table nicely, jimin was about to call taehyung when he heard a door open and close, followed by the sound of quick footsteps.

"was just about to call you," jimin said, "but i guess the smell reached your room." he looked at taehyung's face for a second and giggled at how eager the younger looked.

"you didn't tell me you were going to make my favourite," taehyung softly said with a smile, his eyes sparkling as they followed the pan of japchae in jimin's mitten clad hand until it was set atop a wooden trivet on the dining table.

"i wanted to surprise you," jimin replied as he smiled back. he pulled out the chair opposite from taehyung, taking a seat and gesturing for the younger to start eating.

and taehyung did not hesitate for a second. immediately, he grabbed his chopsticks, pulled a good amount of japchae from the pan with them and slurped it all up in one go, lips naturally forming a pout as he chewed. he made a small noise of satisfaction, scrunched up his face and sat back in his chair, shrugging in delight.

"easy, tae." jimin chuckled, amused by his best friend's relish over the food. "good?" he asked after slurping up some of the japchae as well.

"mmm, 's good, dumpling." taehyung hummed with food still in his mouth, earning a tut from jimin that was meant to express disapproval, but hardly did with that grin still on his face.

"glad you like it," the older then said.

the place was silent for a little after that, only the sounds of metal chopsticks clattering against porcelain plates and low chewing audible, until taehyung spoke up.

"oh, i almost forgot to tell you that i need to go out and buy a few things for an upcoming photoshoot after dinner. do you wanna come along?" taehyung offered.

"ah, that reminds me! i need to go to the post office. my manager contacted me today and told me that there's been some issues with a certain client, and i have to get some work done there." jimin said, taking a sip of water before continuing. "so yes, i'll come along with you."

although it was quite unusual for jimin to go out and get work done considering his at-home job as an editor, he sometimes has no other choice but to head wherever he needs to when duty calls. evidently, jimin can't exactly decide if he wants to go by himself or not, so taehyung is always there to do any talking for him. taehyung doesn't mind helping jimin, and the older is appreciative of that.

"okay, great. is there a due date for the work you have to get done?" taehyung questioned. "it's seven p.m. now." he turned his head, glancing at the antique wall clock with roman numerals.

"yeah, there is. around ten, i believe. are you done eating?" jimin asked and taehyung hummed in response.

"go get ready then. you take forever so i'll clear up the table and dishes in the meantime." jimin got up from his seat, already picking up his plate along with taehyung's, taking them to the kitchen.

"don't you need any help?"

"no, i'm good, thank you."

"all right, then, minnie."

after running errands all evening long, jimin and taehyung finally returned home around quarter past nine. they were walking down the hall and toward their apartment while chatting quietly about the younger's upcoming photoshoot theme.